ꗃ ten

"ms

"ms.cha, president park needs to talk to you." jungwon knocked on the door of the shared office hari was currently working in, the girl's fingers that were previously busily typing on her keyboard halting on their movements while her thick, straight brows knitted in confusion before she slightly pushed back her chair and stood from it.

the brunette followed the secretary towards his office while feeling all eyes on her in an awkward silence that she couldn't stand, wondering why on earth he could've called her in his office when she clearly stated that she wanted to keep this situation a secret from her new coworkers since it wouldn't bring any positive light to her name if anyone found out she was currently pregnant with a baby whose father was the future ceo of her company.

hari took a deep breath whilst adjusting her clothes and threading her fingers through her chocolate waves that were styled into a half up bun before finally wrapping her slim fingers around the doorknob and twisting it open, pushing the wooden door with a black thin sign that displayed the text 'president park sunghoon' in white and immediately bowing deeply with a hand placed on her chest. "hello president park."

she closed the door behind herself and cleared her throat waiting for him to give her any instruction, slightly shaking her head to make sure the wispy bangs that covered her forehead were in place which sunghoon thought made her look more adorable than usual. the raven signaled her to take a seat on the leather chairs in front of his desk which she quickly did, the boy opening something on his computer by double clicking the right side of his mouse. "your secretary said you needed to talk to me."

"yes, i wanted to ask you if you have any plans for dinner tonight." the question caught her off guard, feeling his night sky eyes pierce through her thick skull as he waited for her answer and observing how her soft, pink-ish, full and kissable lips that he longed to feel on his again were slightly parted in hesitation as she reflected on it. did he just ask her out for dinner? and how did he do it so nonchalantly? "no.. not really."

"do you wanna go out with me then?" hari couldn't seem to bring herself to answer that question, as if there was something inside of her that whispered in her ear how wrong it would be to go out not only with her superior but also with an engaged man. she already felt bad enough for being a homewrecker, let alone willingly going on a date with him when he had a fiancee at home.

the heir noticed the skeptical expression on her soft features and firmly pressed his full and soft lips into a thin line, blaming himself for asking such a bold question when she clearly wasn't in the situation to accept such request. "you don't have to answer me right now, i'll wait for you in the parking lot in case you make up your mind. also, do you have the ultrasound scan?"

the brunette nodded her head immediately and reached for her phone in her jacket pocket, removing her dark blue phone case and sliding out of it a small, rectangular black and white ultrasound where nothing bigger than a pea could be seen before handing it out to him. "you can keep it, i have one for myself."

hoon admired the picture for a minute, a small smile subconsciously cracking his features at the sight of his future child. he admits he has spent nights looking at pictures and videos of babies online, and the baby fever had gotten to him even worse than how he expected it to be. "by the way, since you're here, when is your next check up? i'll free my schedule to make sure i'll be able to attend it this time."

he quickly cleared his throat and his features dropped in a poker face, setting the picture down on his desk before averting his gaze to the monitor that displayed a monthly calendar with every meeting he'll need to attend before his eyes as he fidgeted with a pen nearby waiting for her to find the date. "i scheduled it for december twelve, is that okay?" he glanced at the computer for a brief moment before nodding his head, a sigh of relief subconsciously leaving her lips relieved that she won't need to fight her doctor's secretary just to reschedule the appointment that she barely managed to book.

"i'll get going then."