2 | ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

Meiko stirred, roused from her slumber by a gentle yawn

Meiko stirred, roused from her slumber by a gentle yawn. Blinking against the sunlight, she surveyed her surroundings, the brightness momentarily blinding her. With a stretch, she rose to begin her training regimen, anticipating the grueling challenge ahead. As she made her way through the estate, she spotted Mitsuri and Rengoku enjoying a peaceful meal together, accompanied by a miniature version of Rengoku himself. Approaching them with a warm smile, she greeted, "Good morning!" Her gaze shifted to the little one beside them. "What's your name?"

"Senjuro, Senjuro Rengoku," the mini Rengoku mumbled.

Meiko couldn't contain her delight and enveloped him in a tight hug. "OH, YOU ARE SIMPLY ADORABLE!" she exclaimed, her fingers tousling his hair affectionately.

"Care to join us, Meiko?" Rengoku asked cheerfully, his smile inviting as he extended a plate of pancakes towards her.

"No thanks," Meiko declined politely.

"Really? You can't train on an empty stomach!" he insisted, playfully ruffling her hair.

"It's okay, I insist," Meiko reassured him with a smile, though inwardly she dreaded the thought of eating before her rigorous training session. The real reason for her refusal was the impending ordeal of grueling exercises that would likely make her sick if she ate beforehand.

"Alright! Finish up, Kanroji!" Rengoku exclaimed with a smile, clapping his hands together.

Grabbing a few wooden swords, he made his way outside. "I'll meet you two there!" he called out cheerfully.

Meiko let out a small yawn, gathering her hair into a ponytail as she followed Rengoku outside. Another long day of training awaited her.

She sighed softly, accepting the wooden sword from Rengoku. "Alright, first we'll spar! I need to see your natural talent," he declared with enthusiasm.

Internally groaning at the prospect, Meiko braced herself as Rengoku launched into the attack. Surprisingly, she managed to deflect his initial  strike, her eyes widening in disbelief at her own success. But her victory was short-lived as Rengoku swiftly countered, knocking her to the ground with a well-placed kick. Wincing in pain, she whispered to herself, "Owowowowowowwowowow!!" realizing she had hit her head pretty hard.

"That wasn't bad for your second day, Meiko!" Rengoku offered words of encouragement as he helped her to her feet.

Rengoku glanced at Mitsuri, signaling for her to join the spar as well. With a smile, he engaged in a lively exchange of blows with Mitsuri, impressed by her ability to hold her own against him for longer than Meiko. Their wooden swords clashed rhythmically as Mitsuri utilized her flexibility to deliver a swift kick to Rengoku's chin, her right leg lifting gracefully. Caught off guard, Rengoku stumbled backward momentarily, but quickly regained his composure and struck her from behind.