1 - Welcome to the Glade 🌳

Start from the beginning

You felt a thin band of metal around your neck. Like a collar. It was holding your powers back.

The lift jerked to a halt. You rip the bandages off the switchblade and decide to put in some good use, if needed.

The top opened. It wasn't as bright as you thought it would be. The sky looked like it was around sunset.

Several murmuring voices were above. You quietly stand to the side.

"What? I don't see anyone." the voice of a boy said. More murmurs of confusion.

After waiting a couple seconds, you jump out of the lift and onto grass. Yes, you just did that.

Your e/c eyes are met with... about forty to fifty pairs. All surprised and shocked. You freeze as well. Damn, you were only surprised they were all boys

"Greenie's a girl?"

"What the-"

"She kinda-"

You shot to your feet and ran. The grass wasn't slippery, but you slid between someone's legs on the grass and ran to whatever exit you could find. 

"Wow, heh, we've got a runner!"

"Get her!"

You see a large exit-looking opening in the walls that surrounded this weird field. You run towards it. It's not like you knew better.

You were a fast runner. You could reach that exit in no time.

Out of the corner of your eye, someone was chasing after you. 

You notice the exit was far bigger than you guessed. Inside, giant walls with moss and vines were there. It was dark and creepy.

You see a flash of silver in there. A blade. Then, more metallic weapons flashed in the sun before disappearing into the shadows.

Scared, you skid to a stop just in front of the entrance. Just sliding to a stop on the grass.

The boy behind you couldn't stop the momentum of the chase. He crashed right into you, knocking you both onto the ground.

"Ouch." You mumbled, using your hands and arms to slow the fall. Nearly flattened to the ground, you struggle to get up. Your knife was stabbed into the dirt.

The boy shoves himself off you, clearly embarrassed. You get a good look at him. Well-muscled, looks like the typical Asian, with brown eyes and black hair. 

The other boys already caught up to the both of you. You sit up, dirt smudges on your legs and arms, but you had better things to worry about. Several boys helped the guy who ran into you, stand up. You stood up yourself, observing that no one really wanted to touch you. Grabbing your switchblade, you tuck it in the weapons belt.

"New Greenie's kinda fast. She nearly outran a Runner." someone mumbled from the back.

"No kidding, slinthead."

"Pretty, though."

Deciding to ignore these comments, you took your time of rest to gaze around your surroundings. You weren't much taller than anyone, probably around eye level of everyone, which annoyed you as they kept staring. 

There were several structures made out of stone or wood. One had animals kept in a large pen. Another had rows of crops, or what looked like them. A dark-looking forest of twisted trees were beside a small building made out of stone.

A tanned-skinned boy spoke up after an awkward while. "What's your name?"

"... Y/n." You tested the name on your tongue as you answered. Was it correct? That was all you knew.