chapter six

( ima make something bad happen to Amara, but she will be protected, so let's go and don't hate me for this)

" Come on, pretty we boutta go to the deli," notti said, coming into amaras' room while she was watching bubboe guppies on her TV. ddot called Amara pretty once, and now it's stuck as one of her nicknames people call her. She stood up and grabbed notti's hand. " Can I get a snack?" She asked him. " Of course, you know we gonna spoil you,"

The people going were ddot, dd, notti, jay, Amara,and neveah. They were going to the deli to get snacks, then go to the park for a little picnic because that's what Amara wants and  whatever Amara wanted, Amara was gonna get it. They were walking, and her legs were getting tired. " Can you pick me up?" Amara asked, naveah. Of course, naveah picks her up. " You and Daddy together.?" Amara asks straight up. Naveah didn't know how to answer that because they were talking, but they weren't official.

" Mama, you can't just ask people that," ddot said, trying to help naveah. "Sorry," she said, putting her head into the crook of naveahs neck. After a while of walking, Jay looked over at Amara and naveah, seeing them having a good time. That made him smile, knowing they were getting along so good. Soon, he could ask naveah out. He's been waiting to see if her and his daughter click first because if they didn't, Jay would immediately take Amaras side over anyone.

They got to the deli, and everyone picked out some snacks. They then walked to the park and set up, but the grassy area. " Amara, you gotta eat mama, then you can go Play." Jay said, feeding her some of his sandwich. It had mayo on it, and Amara didn't like mayo. " No, like mayo," Amara said. " Here, goive her some of mine," dd Said giving her a little. Amara didn't get her own because Jay knew she wouldn't eat all of it.  She ate some of dd's sandwiches and are some of the snacks Jay bought her.

" Go play, Mama," Jay said to Amara while cleaning her face with baby wipes. Amara was just playing around and having fun. Jay would turn to look at her sometimes to make sure she's straight. He even made notti, dd, and ddot check up on her at times. " So you and Amara are getting along, huh?" Jay asked, naveah. " yea I love your daughter. I been wanting to be a mother or mother like  figure to a tiny human and not go through the pain feel me, " she said. " I feel you, so if we were to get together, you would treat her like your own?" Jay asked her. " Of course, Amara loves me. She even said that when we were walking to the da deli. She said she loved me, and if we were to get together, she wouldn't have a problem calling me Mama if I was ok with it, " she explained to Jay.

" You would be ok with her calling you mom," he said. She nodded.  The others came back, and Amara came running towards Jay in tears. " What's wrong, Mama?" Jay said, making everyone alert. " Staring man came up to me a-and  asked if I wanted candy.  I-i said no, and he grabbed me by my arm and took me to his car before I bit him on his arm. He dropped me on my knees, and I ran." Amara explained while hyperventilating.  She was crying so hard. " Where he at?" Jay said, standing up.

This made the other boys stand up too and look around. " Right there," Amara pointed. " Stay here with naveah. We're going to be right back," Jay said. " ain't that the same nigga from when we took Amara put last time" dd Said. " yea" notti said.

Jay went up to him and grabbed him by his shirt." So we grabbed kids," he said before decking him in his face. " No, i-i never grab-grabbed anyone," he stuttered. " So why my neice come over by us saying you grabbed her," notti said, kicking him to the ground. " The little girl?" He asked. " is you dumb nigga" ddot said. " Touch my neice again see what happens," dd said, kicking him some more. They started beating him up until there was blood. They went back to see naveah trying to calm her down.

" Let me see your Arma and knees," notti said, putting her on his lap after sitting back down. She showed him, and her wrists were bleeding, and her knees were bruised.