𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Sirius and Valentina had planned to attend the next meeting of the Order together and for the first time it was decided they would finally be mentioning Regulus, who had been hiding at his flat for exactly 12 days. He was behaving well and the fact that he had to go back to Hogwarts very soon made Dumbledore urge things. It seemed obvious to all of them that Regulus would not be present. Not until the announcement had been made, not until it was decided during this meeting of what use he could be for the Order.

"What do you want to eat Regulus?" asked Valentina once she finished cleaning up his wounds.

She had been doing that while wearing the smallest grin on her face. It was nothing but just being there with him again seemed to be enough.

"Excuse me? Did I hear well? Let me remind you this is my place!" suddenly exclaimed Sirius before the younger boy could say anything.

"You're not recovering from a traumatic event from what I know," simply answered the girl.

"I was hungover for two days!"

"Yes alcohol is a poison too but it was your choice!" she rejoined before focusing on Regulus and asking him again what he would like to eat. She knew he felt very nervous as he would be the main topic of this meeting. He could already expect how people would react. They had a Death Eater with them, they would probably want to torture him as a revenge or maybe they would force him to defect and risk his life which was far from being his current want.

They ate all together the dinner Valentina had cooked and soon enough it was time for them to leave. Sirius disapparated first which left Regulus and Valentina alone together.

"I'm pretty sure Sirius won't be totally honest when he'll tell me about the meeting. Will you tell me everything, please?" he wondered, almost hesitantly. Maybe she wouldn't even be able to speak a word about that meeting.

"Yes, no worries. You have the right to know," she answered right away, smiling gently at him.

It made Regulus smile too and before he could realize it, he already had his lips on hers. It was a chaste kiss but still very pleasant nonetheless.

"Sorry..." he murmured while looking down.

"No need to be sorry, it was nice."

Sending him one last smile, she finally left him too.

"Wow, you took your time," said a voice from behind, which made Valentina jump in surprise.

She apparated in the kitchen and hoped everyone would be already in the other room, getting ready.

"Merlin's beard... Daisy, you scared me."

"This was my intention yes."

Valentina displayed a look on her face that said 'are you serious?' as she let out a sigh. It made a little smile appear on Daisy's face.

"No but really, it's nice to see you. It's always a bit tensed when I come to a meeting and you're not here."

"I better be there tonight, we're talking serious matters."

"You look surprisingly in a good mood, less tired than last time I saw you."

"I'm working less for the holidays, honestly it feels good."

They grabbed a cup of coffee before making their way together to the room where the meeting would take place. It resembled a dining-room, with a large table at the center and some members sitting around it – Dumbledore being at the head of it obviously – and others just chatting around. Valentina greeted everyone before taking a seat with Daisy who had on her other side Gideon Prewett, her boyfriend.