𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Valentina went home to celebrate Christmas. She spend the whole day with her family, her mother being there for Christmas Eve. She had cooked herself, a roasted turkey with vegetables and a delicious cake in dessert, just a typical Muggle meal as per usual. Their grandmother came and they spent the night together like they would always do. It had been the case ever since their father left, just after Josephina's birth. Valentina was 12, but she already didn't have many memories of him back then as he wouldn't spend much time with them. She thought he had a very hard time accepting that she and later on, Hannah, would be attending Hogwarts. And from what she remembered, Marina already had magical abilities as well despite being young. She knew what Muggles would think of them. It was really difficult being a Muggle-born witch. Muggles wouldn't accept them, many wizards wouldn't accept them neither but she grew to accept it. As long as they were happy as a family like right now.

They exchanged gifts, ate well, told Josephina Santa brought the gifts of course. It was late when Valentina came back to Sirius' place. She didn't know if himself was back yet. He was supposed to spend Christmas with his best friend James Potter, his fiancée Lily Evans and James' parents as they had accommodated him for a few years. Remus was spending the night at his parents' place as well, coming from a Muggle family on his mother's side, it must have been an important event for them too.

Arriving, she was actually surprised to find the place dark and silent. Not even Regulus had come back yet, which was surprising considering the fact he told her his family didn't really have the Christmas spirit and he wouldn't stay long. As she thought she was definitely all alone, Valentina heard some noise. She walked through the corridor and noticed the bathroom was alighted.

She knocked and asked, "Can I come in?"

Upon hearing a small "yes" the girl opened the door. She saw Regulus kneeling above the toilet bowl, having probably just vomited. She looked at him in worry as he was a lot paler than he was the last time she saw him.

"What happened?" she wondered as she came to his side.

"I don't know, I just had a glass of champagne and I think my body was just not ready for alcohol yet."

"Can you go to the living-room? I'll brew you something."

He walked out as best as he could while still feeling very dizzy and nauseous, and sat on one side of the couch while letting out a long sigh.

"Is that couch even comfortable?" she asked, following after him with her potion set.

"It's not bad, but it's not like you'd lend me your bed so I'll accept it. I came in uninvited as Sirius said anyway."

Sensing he had talked too much, he felt a headache coming, making him frown in pain. She lit up the fireplace and put her cauldron in it then made up the potion for that kind of sickness. It was done quickly as she was used to this kind of potion considering the amount of times her friends had been hungover and had the same symptoms such as dizziness and nausea.

"Are you still alive?" she wondered as a joke as she sat by his side.

"I wish I wasn't..." he groaned but still opened his eyes.

He took her potion and drank it right away while grimacing.

"The pain should subsist in a few minutes."

"It's too long."

She sighed and regarded him in amusement. He had his head thrown back, his eyes closed and he was holding his stomach. She felt bad for forgetting to tell him about how alcohol could be too strong for his sensitive insides after having ingested poison not long ago.