𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Valentina straightened up from her crouched position over the washbasin. She could swear the next time she would have to drink that potion, she won't be able to swallow it. She quickly rinse her mouth to wash away the awful taste that left Polyjuice potion and then took a look at her reflection which was actually her friend's reflection. Her eyes scanned her hollow tan face and the way her completely straight jet-black hair framed it and fell down her shoulders. And then she looked into Daisy's black prideful eyes and thought about how her appearance didn't actually reflect her personality. Her beautiful haughty face could easily fool people into thinking she was vile and detestable which was why it was a good opportunity for Valentina to spy under her appearance. The hardest part was now to act like her. She had been practicing for weeks with Daisy's family as to conform into her role so she would be ready for the night. So far Mr and Mrs Parkinson had only found their daughter's behavior odd on rare occasions. She seemed to be doing well. But she felt extremely nervous. She couldn't eat all day and she didn't think her anxiety would decrease once at the party the Notts had planned. The girl wished she didn't have to do this but she was chosen by the members of the Order of the Phoenix, including Albus Dumbledore, and Daisy herself. Daisy wasn't a member of the Order and couldn't do this, she was only an ally, helping from afar. Truth was that she was dating Gideon Prewett, an actual member of the Order. Dumbledore didn't want her for this mission, people there barely even trusted her and Daisy really didn't like the idea of spying on her family and friends. Only Valentina did trust her. They had not always been friends, but they were the same age, had shared classes at school and were getting along better than before so yes she did trust her. Many of her peers from the Order couldn't understand that unfortunately, even if she did trust her more than some of them. Daisy was actually grateful for that.

There was a knock on the door, followed by Mrs Parkinson's voice, "Daisy, darling, are you ready? We're about to leave."

"Y-yes," croaked the girl. She coughed, cleared her voice and replied more clearly. "Yes, Mother. I'm coming right away."

She was already wearing one of Daisy's dress, a long straight silky black bustier dress, with a black cardigan to cover her arms. People in her world could think she was attending funerals but she was invited to a fancy party. She then got out of the bathroom and tried to gain confidence in her appearance. She was supposed to look like herself not like she was somebody else. She reminded herself to not jump from surprise when seeing her reflection in a mirror and to answer to the names "Daisy" or "Miss Parkinson". She still couldn't get used to that. She wasn't Valentina Kerr tonight, she was Daisy Parkinson.

She arrived with her temporary family at the Notts' mansion. The knot she had in her stomach the whole day only seemed to tighten once they stepped foot inside. The place was so big and the ceiling so high it made her head spin. She wasn't used to such luxury as she had always lived in a small Muggle house in London's suburbia, with her mother and siblings. When she thought about all their wealth and what they used it for, it made her sick. Nonetheless, she still stood straight and walked, trying not to let her uneasiness show. They arrived in a large ballroom filled with over fifty people. She tensed up, realizing all of them wanted her dead and would be torturing her right now if she didn't look like one of them. Recognizing old classmates, she felt like vomiting. It had been one year since she graduated but she still felt traumatized by the bullying she received from them during those seven years.

"Daisy? Daisy!" called out Mrs Parkinson, not too loud as to not draw attention to her.

The girl got startled and turned her head in her direction, discreetly wiping off her sweaty palms on her dress. Was she just lost in thought or had she really forget to answer to that name?

"Yes, Mother?"

"Take a discreet look behind your shoulder, Regulus Black has been staring at you ever since we've entered the room..."