ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ9

Nine months had passed since Rhaenyra's announcement of her pregnancy, the twins and Lucerys were now 8. the anticipation among the children had only grown stronger. Aemma wasted no time in sharing the news with Renesmee, and the two girls eagerly awaited the arrival of the new baby.

Meanwhile, Daeron had been sent off to serve as a cupbearer and squire to Lord Ormund Hightower in Oldtown. Renesmee secretly relished the newfound peace without her brother's presence, while their mother Alicent struggled with his departure. Alicent even attempted to persuade Viserys to swap Daeron's position with Renesmee's, but Viserys remained resolute in his decision.

In the dragon pit, Jacaerys, Lucerys, Aemma, and Renesmee stood alongside Ser Harwin, their excitement palpable as they inspected the newly hatched dragon eggs. "I think Luke should choose," Jacaerys suggested, glancing at his younger brother.

"Really?" Lucerys questioned, seeking confirmation from his siblings and Renesmee. Aemma merely shrugged, indifferent to the decision, while Renesmee nodded in agreement, opting not to interfere.

Lucerys carefully scanned the eggs before his gaze settled on one, his smile widening as he pointed to a dark bronze-colored egg. "That one," he declared with certainty.

Excited murmurs filled the air as Ser Harwin gently retrieved the chosen egg, cradling it with care. Lucerys watched with anticipation, his eyes gleaming with excitement and a hint of nervousness.

With a gentle handoff, Ser Harwin passed the egg to the dragon keeper, who delicately placed it inside the pot where it would be kept safe and warm. The children exchanged glances.

"Looks like you made a good choice," Ser Harwin remarked, giving Lucerys a reassuring nod as they prepared to leave the dragon pit.

Lucerys beamed with pride at the knight's approval, his excitement evident in his wide grin. "Thank you, Ser Harwin," he replied gratefully.

With the dragon egg safely nestled in its designated pot, Ser Harwin began to lead the children out of the pits and back toward the castle. The siblings and Renesmee followed closely behind, chatting excitedly about the baby.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Jacaerys asked before he could reply, Aemma chimes in. "please say a girl. I don't think I can live with another man in this family." She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you princess but I hear that it's another boy." He said, draping his arm over her shoulder as she huffed as they all walked to their mothers chamber.

"Seven Hells.." Renesmee sighs under her breath Lucerys smiles amused beside her.

The four siblings entered the quiet chambers, with Aemma and Renesmee settling onto the couch while Lucerys and Jacaerys took their places on the floor. "Ser Harwin, where's the egg Luke chose for the baby?" Renesmee inquired, turning her attention to the man.

"It's right over here," Ser Harwin replied, gesturing toward the table where the egg sat inside the pot.Suddenly, Rhaenyra and Laenor entered the room, with the baby cradled in her arms.

The children's faces lit up at the sight of their mother and sister. "Mother, look," Jacaerys called out, rising to his feet as Lucerys and Renesmee followed suit.Jacaerys opened the pot, revealing the steaming dragon egg inside.

"We chose an egg for the baby," Lucerys explained, looking up at Rhaenyra. Aemma stood up, joining her brothers."Ah, that looks like the perfect one," Rhaenyra remarked with a sigh, passing the baby to Laenor as Ser Harwin helped her sit down.

Aemma frowned, noticing her mother's discomfort.She glanced over at her father, her curiosity evident in her furrowed eyebrows, but Laenor shook his head in dismissal.