Chapter 2

As Kazirt fell to his demise of drab, uniform, and monochromatic yellow light he was pleased to fall onto a similar cloudy floor- though now his entire back half was soaked. He looked around him to see a gloomy, yellowish office. He lay before the front desk and a sweet-looking lady stood there and examined him before making her way out from behind the counter and assisting him up.

"How rude that was of him!" She said, her voice frail.

It took Kazirt a moment before realizing what had happened. He went to smile at the sweet woman, but nothing happened. He raised his fingertips to his mouth and felt that he had no such thing. He blinked, his eyes going wild.

"Oh! Sweetheart, don't worry. That's just how God made you. You should still be able to speak, don't fret- it's not often we have anyone with no mouth come here though... normally just those hellions." She shook her head.
"I'll get you checked in sweetheart. What's your name?"

"Kazirt..??" He managed somehow, confused how he even spoke- or if the woman had even heard him.

"I'm Abigail. I've been here a while, I'll show you around after we get you all checked in."

***

"There you are, hun'! Alright, looks like you'll be working in the firearms division. Poor thing... they're intense in there. Have you ever handled a gun?"

Kazirt nodded, a reassuring smile crossing the woman's face because of this.

"Alright... did Oliver- the man that sent you here- Coffee brown hair, real long- give you any instructions?"

"To... see Isaac?" Kazirt said, tilting his head confusedly.

"Ah, I see. I should've known." Abigail nodded, "I'll bring you to his office, but I cannot ensure your safety. Of course, you can't die in Limbo. So, even if you do get shot, you'll be just fine. Ya won't feel a thing." Abigail patted his back and lead him to this supposed Isaac's office.

When they arrived the windows were covered by heavily pigmented black curtains and it was silent inside. This room looked to be bigger than all the other offices that lined the hallway and on the door, there was a hanging nameplate that read, Isaac.

"I'll leave it to you young man, go in when you're ready. I do have to go, I've got a job to get to." Abigail patted his back one last time reassuringly and left him be.
Kazirt inhaled deeply before opening the door, only to be met with a gunshot to the head. It caused mild pain, but he blinked it away before looking to what shot him. He saw a rather... compromising scene before him. He quickly withdrew from the office and shut the door behind him, breathing heavily with his back to the door. He felt warm blood trickle down his forehead, over where his mouth was supposed to be. Just as he thought he had calmed down, the door behind him- which he had all his weight on- opened. He toppled over, landing flat on his back with his body half in the room. A small, feminine gasp could be heard from right above him and a woman- barely covered- stepped over him and scurried off. Then, without warning, he was dragged into the office by his shirt collar. He was placed in a chair opposite the man he assumed to be Isaac. Kazirt was still breathing heavily- though not as loud as before.

"Why the fuck do you not have a mouth? Anyway, fucking weirdo... what do you want?"

Kazirt examined the man before him. He had fluffy white wings sprouting from just above his ears that furled forward to cover everything but his mouth- from which hung a cigarette. He was wearing an incorrectly buttoned shirt with an untied tie barely tucked under the half folded over collar. Most of his chest was out and it was clear that he put himself together in a rush. He had silvery-gold hair that was muddy enough for him to be considered a brunette. His hair, though messy now, was tied back into two long braids that joined to be one someway down his back.

"Hello?" Isaac asked, waiting for Kazirt to answer him.

"The man that sent me here told me to find you. I'm new." Kazirt said- somehow monotone and calm in the presence of a man that clearly held much power.

"Oh. YOU INTERRUPTED ME OVER- Whatever." Isaac exhaled. "What's your name?" Isaac asked Kazirt, taking another long drag from his cigarette.

"Kazirt..?"
"Why do you sound confused? Is it your name or not?"
"It is."

Isaac groaned and snapped his fingers, generating a t-shirt to go over Kazirt's white undershirt he was already wearing. He threw it at Kaz and snapped his fingers again, a hand gun appearing. Isaac clearly debated also throwing the gun at Kaz but decided against it. He snapped his fingers one last time and Kazirt stopped bleeding. Kazirt pulled the green shirt- that looked like a piece of movie merchandise- over his head and pushed his arms through the holes.

"I'll explain your job once and never again, so keep up." Isaac took one final drag from his cigarette and threw it on the floor of his office, stomping it out. He inhaled deeply, "I'm the advisor of Triple A, Angel Assassination Association. We do what the name says, kill sinners for God and keep earth's population under control. This program is seen as 'Rehabilitation' because it gives sinned humans a chance to regain their wings. Any questions?" Isaac blinked, his tongue caught on bated breath as he waited for Kazirt to ask questions.

          "Where are we?" He asked plainly, seeming to understand the rest of it. Isaac had laid it out pretty plainly.

          "Limbo. There's Heaven- where the good whores live- and Hell- where the bad whores live- and Earth- where the shit eaters live." Isaac held his breath for a moment then exhaled dismissively.

          "You're all caught up, now get the fuck out."

           With that, Kazirt stood from the oddly sticky seat he was dragged into and walked out of the office, exhaling as soon as he shut the door behind himself.