Chapter 1: Madness

Daylight crept in through the blinds of my window. It was dawn and the October air was cold. I decided to go under my covers, embracing the warmness as much as I can. It was then I heard familiar clapping crept into my mind with my eyes closed as I tried to fall back asleep again. The clapping belonged to a song I consider one of my favorites. "Starlight" by Muse. I don't know why it appeared so suddenly to be the first thought I'd have for the day but now I was somehow motivated to get up and just start singing all over the place. "I'll never let you go if you promise not to fade away, never fade away" The whole song mentally played in my head but then singing those lyrics a sense of melancholy came over me.

I wondered what it would be like to feel those lyrics for a person or rather, if someone would ever feel that way about me. I didn't have good luck with romance growing up. I had standards unlike my peers in school and that very much limited my chances to 0. This is actually why I have become engrossed with men who are fictional or too famous to ever come across. How girls and boys felt about The Beatles in the 60's is how I feel for Muse. I'll admit I envision myself in scenarios with the band consisting of members Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard (Dom for short), and Chris Wolstenholme. They are all older than me, in between early and middle thirties. I've always had a thing for older men, maybe because of their maturity they should have.

One of the scenarios I constantly put myself in is being able to attend one of their concerts and somehow get noticed. It would be as small as eye contact. The butterflies I feel in my stomach in the dream I feel in reality. I get a sense of warmth. Comfort. Their eyes somehow making me feel light and delicate. I cried one time waking up because it was too real and yet it wasn't. Muse would actually be on tour around this time as they recently released their sixth album, The 2nd Law. I celebrated on September 28 by throwing a mini release party in my room with sweets of peanut M&M's and soda and anything else that would be considered unhealthy to put in your body (whatever was in my fridge). I remember loving the production of the album along with Matt's vocals.

When they announced they would go on tour yesterday, I became overwhelmed with excitement until the dreadful truth came to me that it would be impossible to go. Where would I get the funds to buy the tickets? How would I get there? This haunted my morning thoughts long after I finished singing and was just laying in my bed cold once again.