Chapter 40: Falmuth war

Start from the beginning

Rimuru : (Good, now go back to the city now, I'll take care of the rest.)

Souei : (As your wish.)

Cutting off the thought communication, Rimuru turned toward Dawn one last time before raising his arm.

Magicule gathered around him before hundreds of lenses formed in the sky...the sun reflecting on them...

Rimuru : Are you going to stay and watch ?

Dawn : Let's just say I'm a witness for my nation.

Rimuru : Then I'll just ignore you.

Turning back to the battle field, Rimuru's aura flared up...his eyes glowed behind his mask.

Seeing that as a message for him to step back, Dawn nodded and walked away...once he was far enough Rimuru finally launched his assault.

A dome forming around the camp, the first step of this massacre...Anti-magic area was set by Rimuru.

Great sage : (Notice : Anti-magic area was successfully set, the enemy cannot use magic anymore.)

Rimuru : Everything set, huh...

Small particles akin to water droplets appeared all around the camp...soldiers came out noticing the oddity of the situation oblivious of the murderous aura from above.

Rimuru : It's time for the payback, you who sinned against my people...may the wrath of god pierce you...[Meggido] !

As soon as the word came out of his mouth, a piercing lazer ray fell upon Falmuth's camp...no armor, no shield, no weapon could protect them.

Being woman, man or even youngster...no one was spared and killed equally, a single ray piercing their body...

This magic wasn't using magic, spiriton or natural energy...it was just as deadly capable of eliminating A rank individual under Anti-magic area.

Great sage : (Notice : 1372 deaths, 1823 deaths, 2312 deaths...)

Notification of his kill count constantly made its way in his mind, Rimuru's heart stood cold.

Everything went smoothly, the 27 thousand soldiers consisted of Holy knights, Falmuth knights, mercenaries and adventurers...

All were mercilessly killed beside the king's tent where Rimuru was going to deal personally.

On the side, Dawn watched the scene with fascination...

Dawn : (We are already 40 % done, huh...i feel bad for the holy knight since they are in a way my subordinates but that's for the best.)

They were mainly youngsters or old knights, this was truly a shameful act to send them here knowing they will die.

It pained Dawn's conscience but at the end, he couldn't get attached to them...they were also a precious force of Ruberios but the loss was recoverable.

Dawn : (Anyway, everything is going well for now...i just need to make sure the resurrection go well...)

But suddenly, he felt a strange sense of danger washing over him...looking up, someone was charging toward him with full murderous intent and from its power.

Dawn : At least a true demon lord ?!

Dodging the incoming rocket, the mysterious being who just attacked was identified as Pirone...one of Clayman's 5 fingers.

A harpy...this startled Dawn as right now, she was definitely stronger than Clayman, maybe even close to Rimuru's current level.

Dawn : (She is really awakened, is that the Author's doing?)