Chapter 2

Bryce Loski:

After I planted the sycamore tree in Juli's yard, it was like I began to like her even more.

 The way she walked out the door with her brown, shiny hair, was just amazing. When I went back home after planting the tree, I couldn't get her off my mind.

 I tried to stop myself from thinking about her by studying, but I just caught myself looking at the newspaper she was in.

 5 minutes passed by, and I was still looking at the newspaper. I needed to talk to her!

 After 10 more minutes of thinking about what would happen if I went there, I finally decided that I would go to her house.

 So, I got up from my bed, and picked something to wear. Since, I was just wearing a white shirt with jeans. I wanted to look good, but not that good . 'Cause, I was probably only going to see her for like a short amount of time. 

I got a random polo, and put it on myself. I didn't want to panic about my looks, so I left without checking if my outfit looked okay. I went down, got my shoes, and left the house.

 Since Juli's house was really close, I just had to walk a little. I knocked on the door nervously.

 "Oh, hey Bryce!" Mrs. Baker said as she opened the door  "What do you need?" She asked me. "Um may I see Juli?"

 "Okay! I will call her. Wait for a second!" Juli's mom yelled, "Juli!! Someone's here for you!" "Who is it?" "I think you have to see for yourself!" "Ugh.. okay."

 After Juli said that, I heard alot of stomping. Was she not happy to see me? Or was she annoyed? I saw her going to the door, looking bothered. 

I was waiting for her to say hi, or to talk to me, but I got no response. It was like that for what felt like years. Finally, I broke the akward silence. 

"Juli... Juli???" I waved my hand near her face. It seemed like she had spaced out, looking at the yard. "Oh, sorry. By the way, why are you here?" She asked me. 

Since I just wanted to talk to her, I didn't think of an excuse to see her. So I had to think fast.

 "Oh it's cause um.. I wanted to ask if you wanted to eat lunch together tomorrow?" I asked her, hopeful that she would say yes.

 "Um.. sure! Is it okay that Dana will eat with us?" Juli asked me. Even though I only wanted to eat with her  tomorrow, but I didn't want her to be sad. 

"Um.. sure! So it will only be us three?" "Yeah!" She said happily.

She looked so pretty when she smiled.

 "Oh and is there any other reason you came here?" She asked. "Um.. I don't think so." I said while scratching my head. 

"Bye bye!" I said as I walked home happily. Today, I've come up with a new goal: talking to Juli everyday. I hope tomorrow I can also accomplish this new goal of mine!