Chapter-3: Beyond the Gods

This was bad, while she had no idea what happened. She did not see this coming. She planned to sneak into the city and rescue people who were trapped, some fighting was foreseeable, but for them to appear in the middle of the city out of nowhere. She truly did not see that coming.

'Seriously what? Are you dumb or what?', she muttered, 'Put me down first.'

'Oh sorry, I forgot.', he smiled and dropped her.

The nerve of this guy, roughly ten thousand enemy soldiers were present. As much as she would have liked to be surprised by what happened, they were going to die.

'Wow, so many people. And many Gerocs too, wow Humans and Gerocs look quite the same.', he said. Oi, do you want to die so badly?

And as for them, they were standing in water, that is inside the fountain in the middle of the capital square. The fountain bust was in pieces and blood was floating instead of regular water. Seeing a place, she was so familiar with in tatters, wounded her heart. Mostly all citizens, in shackles were gathered around the capital square.

Seeing blood Leika didn't feel nauseous, she was well acquainted with blood. Uprisings, and revolts were common in the capital.

'Hey, who are they? How did they enter inside?... They are Human, capture them.', someone with a deep voice shouted.

She turned around and saw the formidable captain of the Gerocs race, Sir Eriot Ruther, known as Lightning that Flashes to Kill, she had read about the merciless Geroc commander who conquered lands after lands.

To carry out his order, a few soldiers rushed but stopped midway.

'Leika!', a familiar voice called, 'What are you doing here? Run away, get away from here.'

His father's voice touched her and her eyes twitched, 'Father!'

'Leika, run.', he shouted, pleading, but it was already too late.

'Oh, so you are Leika Brisel, the adopted daughter, good you came here on your own. Spared us the need to search for you. Now please come kneel beside your father and die.'

He laughed, looking somewhat surprised. What a cruel laugh, nothing of the sort she had heard the entire morning. Wait, where was that guy? He was not beside her, where did he go? Did he run away?... That was to be expected, maybe he thought he could do something, but after seeing an army so big, he must have run back. She was abandoned again... why did he give her hope-

'Oi Leika, these guys are interesting, they do have more magic content than you guys.', she lifted her head, he was behind the Commander. He happily tapped Eriot's helmet and looked around.

'I was quite fascinated, they looked quite alike so I thought maybe they were pretending but they are different, there average magic content is greater than you guys.'

Even if it was not important that he was standing beside Eriot, the most impressive thing was Eriot was frozen. It was the first time that an enemy had come this close to him. Sweat ran along hos black hair and down his face. He could not move.

Few other soldiers started to lift their swords and weapons to slash at him but he just returned to Leika's side.

'Hmm, I see why you lost.', he said and rolled his eyes.

She was speechless, what in the world was this guy. Everyone there also contemplated the same.

She looked at the place where her father was and saw that they were not there anymore. Where did they go? Did the Commander take them back?

'Father!', she shouted.

'Leika!', she turned towards the distant voice, her father, her uncle the commander of the army and Chief Minister Freyer, were standing on the rooftop of the tallest building in the city which was near the square.

'We are fine.', he shouted, 'You run away.'

'When- ', she and Eriot shouted the same thing at once.

She looked at the guy, whose name she did not know, who had just rescued three people under the noses of the finest Commander in the history of the Geroc race.

'Who are you?... Men capture that guy and kill him immediately.', Eriot shouted.

'Well stop for a bit there, I want to continue the fun.', he said and looked at the entire place as if scanning it.

The soldiers completely ignoring Leika lashed at him. He still was looking here and there. He was going to die, if he didn't look out. Leika refused to let this man die, even though she did not know what this man was, she couldn't let the man die, he who rescued her father from death, even though for a few more minutes, he can't die right now.

With that she jumped in the middle of the three soldiers trying to slash and stab the guy. She was going to die, but she had protected someone, she was content.

The blades never came. She opened her eyes to see that the man had caught the three blades and the soldiers were lying down, most probably unconscious.

'What part of the word "stop" did you not understand?', he said and everyone in the place started to tremble. Her entire body went cold except for the part where he was holding her.

It was not her imagination; that time it was not her imagination nor an aftershock. He emitted the same aura as he did when he woke up. Every single person in the square fell on their knees, even the formidable Eriot.

A sight she never thought would ever happen. The blades in his hand were starting to melt.

He put her down, threw away the melted blades and started to walk towards the chair which was earlier occupied by Eriot, he passed a hundred or so soldiers all of whom did nothing but remained frozen. As for Leika, everything was happening so suddenly, she stood up.

'Who... Who might you be sir?', as she said this and he turned back looking quite surprised.

'Huh, that's interesting, isn't it?'

'What is?'

'...never mind, and as for your question... umm... just a passerby you woke up.', he smiled as he sat on the chair.

'Now.', he said and everyone relaxed, 'Let's get this underway shall we.'

Everyone stood up and adjusted, no one moved. This power was above and beyond, everyone thought.

'What just happened?', Eriot muttered.

'Nothing has happened yet.' The guy said.

'You, when-.... did you get behind me?', Eriot stuttered as he turned back.

'Now what do you want?', he asked Eriot.

'I understand you are not Human nor Geroc, you must belong to one of the upper three races. Yes, that would explain everything I saw.'

'I don't know about that, but answer me. What do you want?'

'Even if you are one of the upper three races, you cannot intervene here. Know your place or your Patron will punish you.', Eriot started to distance himself.

'As I said, I don't know about such stuff nor do I care. Now answer me, there won't be another time.', Eriot was getting on this guy's nerves, Leika started to sympathize with Eriot. Start speaking you idiot, she thought.

'Your God will punish you if you intervene any longer.', he was trembling.

The guy sighed and said, 'Listen to me.', he stood up, 'Anyone who opposes me and my ways, I will kill them. Be it creatures or monsters or even Gods.'

When he said that, all of the Gerocs, stopped breathing. Never has anyone in the history of this world claimed such. Leika did not know who he was but he could not have gone any further.