12 • THE ROGUE PRINCE

Start from the beginning

"Geralt!" A voice exclaims as the Witcher turns abruptly.

Aemma looks to the side, sighting to know who'd dare come to her chambers disrespectfully unannounced. But the she saw who it was, her frowned face crept into the widest smile.

"Legolas?......... Dearest..... Legolas!" She exhilarates.

The Velaryon boy widened his eyes to see his aunt heavily pregnant.

"Aunt Aemma....... Your Grace!." He trotted into the room as the attendants bowed in obeisance. Legolas went to her side, gently knelt and kisses her knuckles. Aemma hugs him.

"It's so good to see you nephew." Aemma says wholeheartedly as pecks his forehead.

"Your having another baby?" Legolas asked. Geralt tapped his back head.

"Ooow."

"Isn't it obvious?" Geralt eyes him.

Aemma chuckles.

"You look very handsome, you've grown so well, oh dear Gael must be proud. You definitely look like her." Aemma remarked and Legolas chuckles trying not to hold his emotions.

"You still look beautiful like Aphrodites my sweet aunt, I hope my unborn cousin isn't stressing you." Legolas pecks her belly before standing up.

"No, just kickings here and there." Aemma chuckles gesturing Jeyn to adjust the pillow for her, which she did before going back to what she was doing.

Legolas turns to Geralt with a frown. "I was waiting for you at the ground floor, we're late." He whispered.

"I know." Geralt says in a low tone.

"He was with me Legolas, don't pick on him." Aemma teased. "It's seems you too are flying with Viserion this morrow." She peers on his riding suit.

Legolas smirks. "Yes i am, at least I wasn't bored waiting for his Geralt's behind. Rheanyra kept me company though." He says as he takes an apple from the golden bowl resting on the nearby table.

"You saw Rheanyra?" Aemma asked, creasing her brows.

"Hmm.mmm." Legolas took a bite, ravishing his taste buds, he softly groans.

"Was she heading for her lessons or going to the DragonPits?" Aemma strictly enquires, skeptically staring at Legolas.

"Her lessons." Legolas lies as he took another bite. "With Ali-cent Hightower." He countered.

"Alicent?" Geralt says as Legolas turns to him arching a brow.

" You know her too?" He questioned, looking quite surprised Legolas knew her as well.

He shrugs. " I just met her a while ago, she seem quite beautiful... the very opposite of Rheanyra." Legolas concurs, Aemma chuckles and suddenly a man interrupts them.

"What's happened to Rheanyra?" Viserys comes in as everyone curtly bows in obeisance.

"Your Grace." They chorused, except for Aemma who's face brightened as he gracefully approaches them.

"Uncle." Legolas greets.

Viserys looks at him with a keen smile. "Legolas, you didn't come to see me at court. I thought you are avoiding me." Viserys feigns.

"I would never avoid you Uncle, it's so good to see you." Legolas went on to embrace him.

Viserys hugs him back.

"You're a striking resemblance of your mother, beautiful. I hear you're very skilled with your bow and arrows, never misses a target." Viserys mused, gently pulling himself from the embrace.