𝟬𝟬𝟯 - 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗯𝗲𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹

Start from the beginning

Deep down, she felt selfish for merely worrying about Bobbin; nonetheless, her heart sank knowing that Persephone Price was going to supervise someone who was close to same age as her tribute, not to mention Bobbin district partner, a little girl who appeared to have just turned 12. That was cruel, and she was beginning to feel dirty and ashamed about where she had come from.

Although Eyana didn't want to admit it, she felt a little sorry for Hilarius, not just because he had almost completely lost the prize, but also because he had the youngest tribute, and while she was a little uncomfortable with his reaction seeing the tribute assigned to him, she knew him well enough to know that he was a bit concerned about little Wovey.

She knew she'd have to work with the boy for the next few weeks as a result, which made her a little uneasy since he seemed to use his scandalous personality even more towards her, but she was willing to put up with it for a few weeks; if not for Bobbin, then for the prize.

Eyana merely hoped that Hilarius would forget about the bet for a bit and take this assignment a little more seriously, because it was not a regular school project, but rather a game of life and death in which they would both be accomplices.

Right now, she didn't need any more needless distractions.

.✩° ✩° ✩°.

The girl's nails pounded frantically against the wooden table, attempting in vain to ease the stress that was consuming her; the small breakfast in front of her remained untouched.

Today was the day the tributes would arrive at the Capitol, and to make matters worse, it was a Monday morning, and her anxiety seemed to tear her from the inside out, and it didn't help that Haakon was in front of her, eating his breakfast with his mouth so open that she could see all the food he was chewing.

The little boy was a bit scandalous when it came to brownies.

However, as the girl looked around the dining room, she saw no sign of Damian, which was usual; however, the tense posture of the housemaids indicated that the man was still at home.

Probably locked in his office.

"Today is my first day of school!" Haakon's joyful shout drew Eyana's attention away from the steps, and she turned to face the small kid, who was now licking his chocolate-covered fingers.

He'd been talking about it all weekend, but however she didn't blame him. Going to a location full of other children must be an understatement and something out of this planet for a child who has never been to school, yet she didn't like it when he constantly told her the same facts over and over again.

"I know!" Eyana reacted with a feigned enthusiasm, eliciting a disapproving frown from the youngest boy, and making her scratch her throat. "Are you excited to make new friends?" The girl questioned in an attempt to divert Haakon's attention.

"No!" He replied enthusiastically, ignoring his prior little reaction, but his response perplexed the elder girl, who raised an eyebrow at him. "They're the ones who must be eager to meet me!"He added quickly, and when she noticed his carefree posture and the way he acted while eating, Eyana could realize that he was saying that with the greatest certainty in the world, which made her let out a nasal laugh.

For someone so small, his self-esteem was enormous.

Following that conversation, the girl let herself relax in the chair. For some reason, Haakon always kept her calm, even when her stress and emotions were strong, but she felt sad to think that he would never meet Arpina, from whom he had acquired practically his entire personality.