chapter¹⁹

the battle of the northern water tribe 

warning: harm to characters, crying, fighting, kiss cheek

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

07:28 PM. NORTHERN WATER TRIBE

y/n runs through the city of agna qel'a, making sure there's no one there. if all the citizens have run somewhere else, she can use the water form here to protect this home. 

"y/n!" she turns, seeing arden running towards her.

"arden!" he hugs her, seeing that there are no scars on her body or face. "w...what are you doing here?"

"my sister and your brother are evacuating and i just wanted to make sure that everyone had left,"

"okay, then," she nods, taking in the information. "let's go," arden takes her hand, ready to run before they both hear a voice.

"wise girl," she turns, seeing the firebender who cut her hair. "who's this? you replacing me already?"

"you need to go," y/n whispers to arden. 

"i'm not leaving-"

"you are leaving," y/n says to him. "you're the prince of this water tribe. you are the priority,"

"but-"

"go," y/n says, softly. "i'll be with you in a moment," arden squeezes her hand, looking at the firebender, who smirks at him. he runs off, leaving the two benders in each other. "what are you doing here?"

"my cousin is my best interest," he says, taking a step closer to her. fire ignites his hand. "was that your boyfriend?"

"you need to leave," y/n says, going into stance. "or i'll force you out with no feeling in your fingers,"

"you challenging me, wise girl?"

"take it how you want to, fire brain," y/n says, squinting her eyes at him. keahin tilts his head at her, the fire going brighter in his hand as he aims it towards her. 

out of nowhere, arden jumps out, taking the hit. y/n's eyes go wide in fear as keahin falters. he didn't try and hit him. he didn't try to hurt him at all. 

"arden!" y/n says, dropping to her knees. the said boy winces, holding his hand over the burnt skin, blood seeping from his clothing. "oh my..." y/n mutters, bending water from the closest fountain. 

she learnt how to heal yesterday. she can heel him. she will. she pushes the water over his wound, trying not to panic. 

"i-i'm okay," arden says with a whisper, holding y/n's hands still. "i'll be okay,"