The Kidnapping

After having breakfast and sleeping for a little while. Both Xenovia and Irina woke up at noon feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

They quickly get dressed and bring their essential gears along with them as soon as they heard the assembly call.

After getting to the ground floor through the elevator and maneuvering through several hallways, Xenovia and Irina finally arrived in a really spacious room where most of the exorcists from the Holy Church has assemble.

After regrouping with their fellow exorcists, the two of them immediately placed themselves in line and then listened to their leader's instructions.

"Today is a really special day for us all, followers of the God of the Bible in Heaven, because today he has sent his Holy Maiden to this city to spread and share his blessings to our fellow faithful followers. However, a few hours ago I have received a rather grave news from our informant that apparently a group of Stray Magicians are targeting our Holy Maiden's Life. So, it is imperative for all of us, exorcists that have been chosen by the Holy Church, to do everything we can in our power to protect her at all cost! Oorah?"

"OORAH!"

"Good! Now here's what we're going to do in this operation..."

The leader then begin to explain the strategy for the operation to protect the Holy Maiden.

In short, they will be divided into three groups of exorcists. The first group were to serve as the vanguard, securing the path to the Palazzo dei Papi – the Papal Palace – and would later function as the outer perimeter defense.

As for the second group, which is being led by Griselda. They were the direct escorts for Asia Argento and would guard the inner perimeter of the Palace once they were arrived.

Asia Argento, the revered Holy Maiden of the Church Creek, was the same age as Xenovia, but appeared several years younger. She was smaller than her, more frail. She had seen the girl several times and she's usually dressed in ornate white vestments embroidered with cloth-of-gold, Xenovia was strangely reminded of a dress up doll everytime she looked at her.

Once the meeting is concluded, the first group of the exorcists decided to take their leave first by taking the elevator.

The second group also decided to leave later on, right after Asia Argento had finished dressing up for the sermon at Palazzo dei Papi.

When they were gone, only Xenovia's group was left. They were the smallest group, numbering only twenty in all. Unlike the other exorcists, they were no longer dressed in the black formal suits fitting for the event. They were told to wear casual clothes like sweaters and t-shirts and jeans and slacks. So that they could intermingle among the audience to preemptively stop any potential disruptions, whether it be as innocuous as a heckler... or something far more sinister.

So, in short they will act as undercover agent.

They left the hotel an hour later, alone or in small groups, never numbering more than three at a time. Each group made sure to put plenty of time between their departure and the last group's to avoid any suspicion. Xenovia went with Irina. They took a longer roundabout path to the Papal Palace, making numerous stops wherever seemed natural. They pretended to window shop in the markets, admired a large copper statue in the town square, and rested at a park before winding their way to the Papal Palace. By the time they arrived, another hour had passed.