𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: Feeling Awkward I

Start from the beginning

Unconsciously, the omega's eyes shifted to the bed, to check if it was massive since it was very obvious Jaemin was living in much more luxury than the sister, who rarely came by. But he just glanced, learning it indeed was big, before turning away and shaking his head, reminding himself that he came there with a reason, not just to stare at everything.

He spotted the candles right away. Actually, they were right in front of his nose on a circular table in the corner of the room. Jaemin had all of them lined up and stacked on each other. If Renjun had to guess how many mint-scented candles were there, he would try to say over thirty. He wouldn't be surprised if Jaemin visited several shops to get them because people usually don't buy that much.

It was the omega's first time dealing with the candles, so he didn't know how much to take. He picked up a pack of twenty candles for the starter and headed to the door. As he was about to open it, the door opened itself, or at least it looked like it. The next second, Renjun felt the masculine scent of Bergamot and Sandalwood and quickly looked up, meeting Jeno's eyes.

"Why are you here?" the alpha asked strictly.

"I-I," the omega stuttered, all possible answers escaping his brain the moment he saw how hostile the alpha's eyes were. So, all he could do was show the master the candles.

Jeno didn't say anything. Just opened the door wider and stood beside it, giving the omega a hint that he wanted him out of that room. Renjun lowered his head and walked out, picking up his pace as he was in the hallway, just to get away from there. He ran downstairs, almost tripping over the high stairs, so when he came to the kitchen, he was sweaty and breathless.

"I-I met him on the second floor! Mr. Lee wasn't happy to see me."

"That's normal. He really likes the second floor. He'll get used to it the more you walk around," Jaemin commented, calming the omega a little.

Renjun got the matches and then went to the second floor again. He heard Jeno somewhere down the hallway, so he went the opposite way, to Theater and put a few candles on a little table he found by the door. He lit them, waving above them to spread the smell, then hesitating where to go, he went to the third floor, leaving candles on every corner before returning to the scariest floor.

He heard Jeno at the end of the hallway, meaning he was in his room. In fear of running into him, Renjun hastily lit candles and put them into designed holders on the walls, then escaped the floor as soon as he could. Everything on the first floor was way easier. Renjun could walk way calmer and do everything without any rush.

"I'll take a few into his bedroom," Jaemin said, approaching the omega when only five were left. "I'll inform him about dinner too."

Renjun hoped to see the alpha coming together with Jaemin, but nothing changed. Jeno still refused.

On the third day with Jeno around, Renjun made a little mistake.

The pureblood's presence was so weak, the same as his scent, therefore the omega forgot to be quiet and pulled up a vacuum cleaner to the second floor and started doing his job, cleaning the carpet. He faced no interruptions, so he didn't even know he ruined Jeno's sleep. The only time he learned about his mistake was during lunch when Jaemin told him about the master's complaint.

"Gosh," the omega gasped, then facepalmed as it was embarrassing to forget such a thing when his mind should've been about the alpha all day. "I'm so stupid!"

"He's a little disappointed in you. That's all," Jaemin said, chuckling afterward.

"Disappointed, or mad?" Renjun raised his eyebrow.