Sitting in the chair, was her foster father, Theodore Welsby, but he had a bullet wound shot to head and laid dead in the seat.

"What the fuck?" she exclaimed when the lights in basement turned on and the room was filled with Ace's men.

Angelise took a defensive stance as she eyed the men with narrowed eyes. The sound of shoes scuffing echoed when a pair of polished shoes made an appearance.

Standing in the middle, Ace lit up the cigar in his mouth and took a nice puff before pulling it out of his mouth.

"Hello principessa," he chuckled. "Sorry it had to come to this."

"What are you talking about?" she questioned.

Ace took a step closer. "It seems like you've forgotten where your loyalties lie, so you are no longer needed in my organization."

"Loyalty?!" she seethed. "You turned me into a monster to do your dirty work so you could walk around with your nose turned up and forget you're a bastard son who came into his daddy's money."

"Watch your mouth, you bitch." he warned as his nose flared in anger. Her words had a clear effect on him and she couldn't help but feel smug about it.

"You're the bitch," she smirked. "You're only where you are because of me and you know it."

Ace rubbed his thumb against his bottom lip as he looked at her. "You know, you got a smart mouth, it's a shame I will no longer need use of it."

Giving his men the signal, they slowly approach Angelise as they grabbed on to their weapons. She analyzed them before letting her gaze settle back on Ace. She squinted her eyes as her smirk widened, knowing she would be getting out of there alive.

...

Charming, California 2008

The silence filled her living room as she felt her heart racing. Jax grew worried as he saw the distraught look on her face.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she brushed her fingers through her hair. "Where did you hear that name?"

"Stahl mentioned him that day I was in the precinct," he admitted. "I wasn't gonna bring it up but his name keeps popping up next to yours."

Angelise inhaled a deep breath before sitting back down on the couch. She rubbed her hands against her legs while anxiously bouncing her leg. Jax crouched down in front of her and placed his hands on her thighs, stopping her movement.

He looked her in the eye with a pleading look. "Darlin' who is he?"

She felt her heart ache as tears began to well up in her beautiful green eyes. She knew she had to tell him the truth about Welsby.

Biting her bottom lip, she placed her hands on top of his. "He was my foster father."

Jax squeezed her hand in reassurance as a sign of him listening.

"My parents died when I was seven," she confessed. "I had no other living relatives so they put me in the foster system. I jumped from home to home for a year before he took me in, my last home had too many kids and they couldn't keep me."