xlvi . babysitting

Amy's baby, Autumn, was a month old, and Amy finally trusted her baby to be alone with someone else whilst her and Mason went on a much needed night out. She'd dropped her off at Tiana's house, trusting her sister would be a good candidate as Autumn's first ever babysitter. Luke came over, too.

"She's so cute," Tiana said as she looked at the sleeping baby in her arms.

"Must be those genes," Luke said. Tiana giggled, kissing him on the cheek. "You know, you take really good care of her."

"I have to. She's my niece."

"Yeah, I know, just- You're very attentive."

"Mhm. Speaking of, Amy should be here to pick her up soon, I should probably wake her up to feed her."

"I'll do it!"

"You sure? I've never seen you-"

"Exactly. Maybe I wanna try being the responsible one for once."

Tiana smiled, handing the baby to Luke and sitting down for what felt like the first time since Amy had dropped her off. Luke gently bobbed the baby up and down to wake her up, heading to the fridge to grab a bottle Amy had left with Autumn. He put it in the microwave and heated it up, Tiana surprised he knew to do that.

He fed Autumn her bottle, she didn't even stir whilst in his arms, happily drinking as Luke smiled down at her. He was a natural at this, he looked like he seriously enjoyed it, too. After about another half an hour, Amy showed up and took Autumn home.

The couple got cuddled up on the couch, watching some random reality show. "You'd be a good dad," Tiana said without really thinking.

Luke smiled so hard he felt his face might explode. "You think so?"

"I know so. You just knew what to do with her, she didn't cry once when she was with you. She was just so peaceful."

"Probably because I only got her for the last half an hour."

"Or because you have a loving aura."

"I don't even know what an aura is."

"Me either, but Amy said my aura is chaotic. That's probably why Autumn kept crying on me."

"She cried twice, babe."

"That's twice as much as she cried with you!"

"It's not, but okay. Tia, you need to stop being hard on yourself, Autumn's gonna love you."

"Gonna?"

"Right now she can't love anyone, she's a month old. Plus, do you care if a baby loves you? I love you, and sometimes you shout at me like you're my mom, so I'm basically a baby."

Tiana smiled, placing her hand on Luke's chest, "I love you, too."

Luke looked down, placing his hand on Tiana's cheek and lifting her face to look at him. He leaned into her, placing a kiss on her lips. She kissed back, smiling into him.

"You staying over tonight?" She asked. He placed his hand under her shirt.

"I guess I'll have to," he smirked, "Gonna be a long night."