iv . school fair

The next morning, Tiana got home pretty early, not expecting her parents to be awake. She was wrong. The second she walked through the door, she was greeted by her mother. Strange.

"How was Lexi's, honey?" Her mother asked. She hadn't heard her mother call her honey, or any other pet name, for a while, unless it was sarcastic.

"It was good. Are you okay?" Tiana asked.

"Oh, she's just fine," a feminine voice spoke from the kitchen.

"You're kidding me," Tiana mumbled, before raising her voice again, "Lexi, are you fucking serious?"

"Language!" Her father yelled, taking Tiana slightly aback.

"What?" Lexi asked, "Was I not supposed to tell them you spent the night with a boy?"

"Luke Dunphy at that?" Her mother said, "I went to school with his mother. I won't say too much, but she was wild. You hang around that family too much you'll become just like her."

"I like Claire, and the rest of his family. They suck way less than you guys do."

"Lexi, out," her father said, and Lexi quickly left through the front door. "Tiana, I can't believe you lied to us."

"I knew you wouldn't let me go if I told you where I was really going," Tiana defended herself, growing slightly scared.

"So you, a fourteen year old girl, just go off to your boyfriends house in the night without asking permission?"

"It's not like that! Luke's a friend, plus we ended up getting dropped off at his grandpa's house. His cousin uncle thingys and his sister were there. You can't be mad."

"Oh, I think I can."

"Dad-"

Tiana was met with a firm slap to the face. "You never lie to me again, and you certainly don't talk back to me when I confront you on it. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Now get upstairs."

Tiana practically bolted upstairs, pulling out her phone about to text Lexi and asked why she'd just did what she did. Then she decided against it, she wasn't gonna try and argue. However, there was another notification that caught her eye.

messages

LUKE
did you get home okay?

TIANA
mhm
thank you

She didn't want to tell Luke what had happened. She'd only just really became friends with him, and dumping the fact that her dad had hit her for simply hanging out with him might ruin things, or make him feel guilty.

She actually got off lucky. She got to keep all of her possession, and she didn't get grounded. Her father said that it was a warning, and if she was caught at a boys house again, it was 'over for her' until next summer break, which was forever away.

She looked in the mirror at the bruise that was left on her cheek by her fathers hand. That was definitely gonna take it's time to heal. She checked her phone again to see that there was a school fair on soon, a perfect way to get away from her parents for pretty much a whole day.

 She checked her phone again to see that there was a school fair on soon, a perfect way to get away from her parents for pretty much a whole day