xxx . halloween party

happy chapter 30 i think this is now my longest book

Luke had decided to throw a Halloween party this year, and of course invited Tiana. This year, she's decided to go as Hollie Would from Cool World. Amy had tried to convince her to go as something a little more clothed, but she couldn't be swayed.

To match the inappropriate cartoon characters theme, Belle was going as Jessica Rabbit to slightly match with Tiana. Daniel was a vampire (by vampire, he meant he was putting on black clothes and a tiny bit of fake blood near his mouth, he never liked Halloween), and Luke said his costume was a surprise.

Tiana was the first to show up at Luke's how to 'help him prepare'. Claire opened the door for head, dressed in a very clever June Cleaver costume, wearing a cleaver headband.

"Tiana, hi," Claire said.

"Hey, Claire," Tiana replied as she took off her coat, revealing her costume.

"Woah- Those are your breasts."

"I'd hope they're not anyone else's."

"What are you?"

"Hollie Would."

"How old are you again?"

"Close enough to eighteen to get away with this. Where's Luke?"

"I'm here- Woah, those are your-" Luke began, until Claire slapped a hand over his mouth.

Tiana looked at Luke's costume. A kissy face emoji. "This was your surprise?"

"I'm showing more skin than you."

"Surprisingly true."

Claire and Phil eventually left, leaving Alex in charge (of course not telling Luke). Tiana expected the party to fill up, but it didn't.

Tiana, Belle and Daniel all sat on the couch, totally bored. "You know, Sophie Chambers is throwing a party, too," Daniel said.

"Don't be an ass, Dan," Belle said, then she looked at Tiana, who was seriously considering Sophie's party, "Oh my God, don't be such a deadbeat girlfriend!"

"Are you having fun, Belle?" Tiana asked. Belle shook her head, "I don't think we should ditch Luke. We could just move this whole party to Sophie's."

"No, we are not leaving. This is the kind of thing that could ruin his senior year. I mean, he'll probably get another chance at it, but still."

Tiana looked over at Luke, who was now talking to someone in a beaver costume. "Oh my God, that's his dad," Daniel said, "I saw him earlier with that costume."

"He's probably trying to start the party," Tiana said, "Phil's cool like that."

"Your dad hanging around your party is cool?"

"No one except us knows it's his dad."

Phil went over to the speaker and started playing hip hop music whilst dancing. "Hey, he's kinda got moves," Belle said.

 "Hey, he's kinda got moves," Belle said

Soon enough, Luke's party did fill up. Tiana couldn't tell whether it was by some miracle, or whether it was actual Phil (more widely known as Rod Skyhook) who saved it. Either way, it got better.

"Looks like Rod Skyhook saved the night," Tiana said, coming up being Luke.

"Thank the Lord," Luke said, "Did I tell you how much I love you in that costume?"

"Yeah, about a million times. Listen, I'm gonna see if J can find Amelia."

"Okay. Be careful."

"Why be careful?"

"Because Amelia is crazy and I don't wanna have to hold your hair back while you're throwing up."

"Fair enough."

Tiana left Luke. She didn't know if Amelia was actually at the party, but she wanted to be with her if she was. She was the life of the party. She decided to look upstairs, even though it was off-limits, a few people might've been hiding.

She suddenly felt a pair of hands on her hips. She instantly knew they weren't Luke's, but they were familiar. Ron. She hadn't seen him since the incident, over a year ago now.

"This costume says a lot about how much you've matured," Ron said. Why was he even at the party? Who had invited him? Surely it wasn't Luke, was it?

"Get off of me, Ron. I have a boyfriend now, I'm off limits," Tiana said, moving away from Ron.

"Who said you needed to be on limits."

"Me," Luke appeared behind Ronnie, pulling him down the stairs and out onto the driveway.

"Ah, so the boyfriend must be you," Ronnie said.

"Get off of my driveway, and don't touch my girlfriend again."

"Or what?"

Luke delivered a punch to Ron's face, knocking him back slightly. "Or you'll be on the ground next time."

He went back inside as Ron made his way back to his own house. Tiana ran downstairs to grab some ice for Luke's hand and the two went up to his bedroom.

Everyone eventually left, and Luke got out of his costume, putting on a pair of pants but staying shirtless.

"Ron must be pretty embarrassed getting punched by someone dressed as an emoji," Tiana joked, holding an ice pack on Luke's hand. He was sat up in the end, and she was lying stomach down.

"Good, he deserves it. Can't believe he put his hands on you again. I swear, if he tries something one more time, I'm gonna-"

"Don't say kill him, it make make you a suspect when he mysteriously dies." Luke laughed. "You know, even though you looked kinda ridiculous while doing it, that was really sexy of you."

"Really? I thought you'd be mad."

"I mean, I don't want you getting into fights, but if a guy puts his hands on me like that I'd expect you to intervene. I don't care how you do it, I just like the idea of you looking out for me."

"Well, you know I'm always gonna look out for you."

Tiana removed the ice from Luke's fist, it was looking a lot less swollen now. "You know, this costume's really hard to get out of. Can you help me?" Luke got a certain look in his eye, but Tiana shit it down. "No, I'm serious, the zipper's awful."

"Oh, my bad. Sorry."

Luke unzipped Tiana's dress and she slipped out of it, turning to face him. "Don't be sorry," she said, pressing a kiss to his cheek, "I'm not completely shutting you down."