Still Love You

"Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian called, "don't turn your back on me! Not again!"

The Sect Leader stiffened at the words, a pained chill running down his back. "I wasn't the one who left the sect." he whispered, "you left me."

"I did that to protect you! You and the Wen's, why can't you understand that?! Even all this time later." Wei Wuxian shook his head with clenched fists.

"And why!" Jiang Cheng whirled on him, "why was 'protecting me and the Wen's' more important than everything else! Why couldn't you have given me the opportunity to help you? To stand by you! Maybe, maybe things could have been different! Maybe you wouldn't have died! Maybe I wouldn't have...maybe I wouldn't have killed you!"

Jiang Cheng forced his eyes to the side as tears threatened to escape. "I-I killed you, I killed the only person that I had left. I...I killed my brother."

"A-Cheng," Wei Wuxian stepped forward as the other took a step back. "None of that matters now. It was a long time ago, and you were angry, which you had every right to be. So why leave your heart stuck in the past?"

"Because," Jiang Cheng snapped, "the past is the only place where I had you!"

"...what?"

"Don't you get it? Wei Wuxian, you and A-ling are the only things that matter. B-but you aren't mine anymore, you're that Hanguang-Jun's. But you were once, back when we were kids-when we were happy. I-"

Jiang Cheng was cut off by a pair of arms wrapping around him, squeezing him into a tight yet familiar embrace. "You didn't lose me, A-Cheng." Wei Wuxian asserted. "You're still my shidi, your still my brother, nothing that either of us did back then could ever change that."

The Sect Leader shook his head, throwing the elder off of him. "Like I want to be touched by you!"

Wei Wuxian chuckled lightly, 'fore only he could see the true emotions behind his brother's steeled eyes. "Is that all that this one gets from you?"

Jiang Cheng rubbed zidian on his finger, biting his lip as he pulled his gaze to meet his brother's. "I suppose...I still love you...gege."

Wei Wuxian's eyes widened in delight, "gege!"

"Oi! Shut up!" Jiang Cheng punched the man as he moved to try and hug him once more.

"A-Cheng! How could you be so cruel to your 'gege'?"

"Wei Wuxian!"

It was late into the night at Lotus pear that their voices could be heard, and it seemed that even the land itself, the waters that had always remained the same despite all the loss that had been faced, was content with the reunion of the two boys. And there it was marked, in the light of each lotus flower, and in the dark of the deepest channels, that the Twin Prides were once again at their rightful place: together.