Prologue

[chocochip.mp3: why would she say such bs? i'm not on her way, bakit ang lala ng pakialam nya sakin?]

I couldn't help but type my frustrations to my online friend, antihero. 

[1-800-antihero: i know. she's so wrong for judging you like that. you're doing what you love. may epekto ba 'yon sa well-being nya?]

[chocochip.mp3: i know. but enough talking 'bout her. let's just talk about your day. how was your quiz?]

[1-800-antihero: ACED IT OFC 🤪] 

[chocochip.mp3: congrats! no sweat.]

It's nice to have a friend like anti-hero with whom I can chat about my worries, frustrations, and rants and wouldn't feel like I'm being judged or commanded to feel otherwise.

I met her/him in an anonymous online chat room called Omegle. I'm not sure kung babae ba sya o lalaki because we agreed not to talk about our personal lives and remain anonymous. We agreed to create new private Instagram accounts so we could continue talking together, so it wouldn't be difficult for us to find each other over the millions of people who use the chat. 

Over the summer, siya lang ang lagi kong kausap, over Instagram dms only 'cause we also agreed not to call each other. Sa mga pagkakataon na sobrang emergency at code red, do'n lang namin pipindutin ang call button. 

I never knew I could connect to someone as fast as I did with antihero. Nararamdaman ko lang kasi ang pagiging sincere at listener lalo na sa mga gantong scenario na badtrip ako. 

The reason for my frustration is rooted in my academic rival, Criza, when I eavesdropped on her talking about my music career and commented that our music sounded like some other band. No musician would like to hear that their music sounds like other artists when we put so much of our time and effort into having that original sound and connecting to the listeners. 

If she doesn't like our music, our music is not for her. It's as simple as that. 

While talking to antihero on my PC, I received a notification on my phone.

[Criza Taa, vp: we have to decide on the activities for buwan ng wika.]

Rude. Absolutely rude. Wala man lang pagbati at parang ang tunog ay inuutusan pa ako sa mga duties ko. 

As frustrating as this may seem, yes, we're academic rivals, but we have to work together in student council as I was elected to be the President and her as the VP. 

[Me: I've already talked to Bianca about scheduling a meeting. Everyone's just busy with monthly exams and requirement periods.] 

After I sent that message, she immediately saw it. I looked intently at my phone to wait for her reply, but to no avail. She just left it on read. 

[1-800-antihero: chip, you still there?]

[1-800-antihero: chip! yohooo!]