"Come on, Aang, let's go. Katara, are you coming?" She grabbed Aang, and spared a glance at her cousin. Katara smiled and nodded.

"Where do you think you two are going?" Sokka shouted. "To find a waterbender. Aang is taking us to the North Pole!"

Aang smiled. "I am? Great!"

"Yuen!" Sokka stopped her. "Would you really choose him over your tribe? Your own family?" He asked her. Yuen's hard face dropped. She felt tears form in her eyes. She had never been in such position. Or in any conflict at all, actually.

"Yuen, I don't want to come between you and your family." Aang placed a hand on Yuen's shoulder before approaching Appa.

"So, you're leaving? You're leaving me?" She asked, her voice soft and sad. "This is goodbye?" Being sensitive was something she hated. But it was also what made her human.

Aang smiled at her. "Thanks for penguin sledding with me." He thanked her.

Katara finally intervened. "Where will you go?" She asked. "Guess i'll go back home and look for the airbenders." He answered. "Wow, I haven't cleaned my room in a hundred years. Not looking forward to that." Yuen laughed and pulled him into a tight hug.

He slowly pulled away, and jumped on Appa's head. "It was nice meeting everyone." Aang said. "Let's see your bison fly now, air boy."

"Come on, Appa, you can do it." Aang encouraged. "Yip yip!" He said. It did not work. "Yeah, I thought so." And after those words, a large snowball hit his face. It was thrown by an angry Yuen.

"Yeah, I deserved that..."

A little girl ran forward. "Aang, don't go. I'll miss you." Yuen's heart melted. "I'll miss you, too." Aang replied. Yuen smiled sadly at him. And soon, Aang was gone.

Yuen stood still. Kanna approached her. "Yuen, you'll feel better after you—" Kanna was interrupted by a very angry Yuen.

"Are you happy now? There goes Katara's one and only chance at becoming a good Waterbender, and my chances of leaving this miserable place!" Yuen shouted. Yuen never liked to admit it, but, she found herself very uncomfortable in certain parts of her tribe. She hated feeling that way, but she did.

She would be reminded of the bad times. She hated remembering anything of that time.

 She hated remembering anything of that time

THE FIRE NAVY SHIP hit their land. Sokka stood before them, with bravery. The earth started to rumble. Katara grabbed ahold of Yuen's hand.

The ship came closer, and closer into view. Yuen dropped Katara's hand subconsciously, and stared out into the fog. "Sokka! Move!" She yelled for her cousin to get out of the ship's way. There stood a fallen baby, by a crack.

Yuen ran to the baby and grabbed her just before the ice broke and handed her to Katara. She turned around. "Sokka! Get out of the way!" She yelled again, her voice more pleadingly than ever.