Staying The Night

"Hey, Tsuny." I limped towards him where he stood by my desk, my top drawer open and his eyes drawn to the pair of pumps that were undoubtedly still in there. "Can we argue tomorrow? I'm really not in the mood." My body had broken out into cold shivers as soon as I'd stopped using my quirk, it hadn't taken much for me to figure out that it was just one of the many symptoms of shock that I would be facing.

"Verity, I am not here to argue," he swept around to face me, theatrically, as per usual, green eyes flashing with something akin to anger. "Although, we will be discussing your poor choice in footwear at some point." Tsunagu's head tilted down, blonde hair shifting slightly but maintaining its style for the most part. "Naomasa called me to let me know that you were in distress," There was a hunch to the man's shoulders as he pushed himself to continue and I realised that maybe I'd gotten it all wrong. Somehow, the idiotic, denim-clad giant had found a way to blame himself for my misfortunes. Whilst I'd arrived expecting to be treated like a troublesome child, Tsunagu had been attempting to figure out what he had done wrong that had let to the nights events. "I was with young Bakugo, and I felt that it was unwise to leave him here without adult supervision. I am sorry, Verity dearest. I failed you today."

"You did no such thing. I signed up for this," I argued before pausing for thought. "Well, not this exactly, but you know what I mean. I'm a Pro-Hero. Just like you, I can handle this." I smoothed my hands over his and up his forearms, gripping his elbows tightly. "You were right to prioritise Bakugo. He's just a child. Children are never to be trusted on their own." I grinned despite the fact that my shuddering was becoming so strong that my bones were aching.

"You're in shock!" It was as though Tsunagu had suddenly realised the fact, his realisation only fueled by the fact that my legs gave out, and suddenly I was relying on him to stay upright. He swiftly swept me up in his arms, cradling me close to his chest where I could hear his heart slowing gradually from what must have been light-speed to a much healthier and slower rate. He took a deep breath, something he so often did when dealing with me, and released it. "My dear, you must allow me to care for you tonight. You're injured and going into shock, I promise to do my best from now on."  He vowed quietly.

"I'll be okay, Tsunagu. I just need to scrub all of their filthy handprints off and have a long cry, then I'll be right as rain." I tried for cheerful reassurance, but as soon as my mind began to return to the feeling of being unclean, because of what happened, my voice started to shake. My skin felt grimy, and my lips were cursed with the ghost of that thugs lips. I could feel my expression drooping as tears built up on my eyelashes. "He kissed me, Tsuny." I buried my face in his chest as I let go, allowing myself to sob deeply.

"Then we shall start by brushing your teeth and washing your face, dearest." His voice was smooth, and it washed over me like a safety blanket as he began to carry me towards the elevator, which led up to his quarters. "And you can wear a cleansing mask while you bathe." His long arms constricted around me, making me feel small and safe. It had always been strange to me how safe I felt with the other hero, even back when we hadn't been getting along, usually I'd be put off by someone who was so much taller than myself but there was just something about his calm demeanour that put me at ease. It annoyed me too, of course, but it was nice to have someone just over two feet taller than me who didn't feel the need to mention it all the time or use it against me. "I'll draw you a bath with some lavender oil." Tsunagu hummed as he stepped out of the elevator and into the living space of his quarters, continuing smoothly through the apartment and into his bedroom where he slowly lowered me onto the bed. He stepped back from me and twitched his long, elegant fingers, his bedding reducing to fibres and forming the softest of nests around me as I continued to cry. "Hush, my dear," he smiled sadly, dropping to his knees and reaching to cup my face in both hands. He smoothed his thumbs across my cheeks to wipe away the tears. "I promise to take good care of you, okay?"