I haven't closed the door yet, and Emilia is already at the end of our street. She might be small, but she walks fast as hell. I think it's her Spanish blood. Although we all live in America, there is no one in our friend group who is an American citizen. Emilia is from Spain, but she lives here to study art. Penny and I are from Belgium, but we came to America too for our studies. Alexis, our other friend, is from India. She came here to study to become a teacher. I already feel bad for the poor children who will have to follow her classes. If you know her, she's really sweet. If you don't, she's a bad bitch. I'll be honest, I like bad bitch Alexis, but I know quite a few people who don't. That's their problem. 

Because of our different roots, we have quite a variated kitchen. Alexis and Emilia live together in an apartment down the street, but most of the time, they eat at our place. They even sleep here most of the time. Food isn't the only thing we differ in. We all have different mother languages: Mills speaks Spanish, Alex speaks Indian and Penny and I speak Dutch at home. Penny and I also speak French, because we had to learn that in elementary school in Belgium.

After a short walk, Mills leaves and goes to her school, while I still have to walk a few more minutes. I'm in such a hurry to be on time, that I don't notive the guy walking in front of me. I'm looking for my phone again when I suddenly bump into someone. It's complete chaos. Papers flying everywhere, my head hits the ground and this person's coffee spills all over my clothes. Before I can open my eyes, I feel someone helping me up while constantly apologising, "I am so sorry! Do I have to buy you new clothes? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, my head just hurts a little. Are you okay?"

"Yes, thank you. I just dropped all my papers."

"Oh my god, wait, let me help you."

I start picking up all the papers from the floor. When I get back up to give the guy his papers back, I see his face. Wow, I am too stunned to speak. I don't think I've ever seen someone that gorgeous. He starts talking again and I quickly go back to the real world.

"Can I maybe have your number? I'll call you to pay you for your clothes."

"Oh, okay, but you really don't have to pay for them. They're already pretty old. I should buy you a coffee instead."

That was a lie. I bought these clothes last week, but he doesn't have to know that.

"Sure, it's a date. Will you send me the address and the time?"

"Of course, I'll see you then! Bye!"

"See you later!"

I start jogging to school, otherwise I'll be late. Two minutes before class starts, I walk into the auditorium. I am completely out of breath. I get into a seat and take out my laptop and my notes. When the professor starts talking, I finally relax a bit.

***

At five pm, I stumble out of my last class. I am so tired, I could fall asleep on the street. I call Penny to pick me up, her school isn't far away and she has a car. She studies photography at NYU, while I study medicine there. I start dialing, but before I can call her, she calls me. Telepathy, ladies and gentlemen. I pick up.

"Hey, I was just about to call you. Can you come pick me up?"

"Why do you think I called you? I already thought you wanted me to pick you up. Just one thing, Olivia is with me, so please behave."

"When did I ever not behave?"

"You want me to make a list?"

"Okay, no, I'll behave, I promise."

"Thanks, I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay! Bye!"

She already hung up the phone before I even got to say bye. She's probably talking to Olivia, so I can't blame her.