"When?" He shortly asked, his coffee cup now sitting on the counter as his arms were crossed over his chest.

"Last night." Ivy quietly spoke. "I was gonna tell you privately but..." She trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"Congrats, Ivy." He nodded, the two just staring for what felt like an eternity. "Uh, we should go down to lobby." He grabbed his white coat

Ivy nodded, looking anywhere but at him. "R-right. I'll be there in a second."

Jackson didn't respond, he just nodded. There was another silent moment, before he cleared his throat and left the lounge.

***

After changing into her scrubs, Ivy made her way to the crowded lobby. Owen stood on the stairs, talking to a nurse, then clasped his hands together and cleared his throat.

"This storm will bring in a lot of casualties. We're gonna need to make room for them, so let's discharge all patients that can be. Post-op and long-term patients are gonna be transferred to Seattle Pres further inland. We're gonna bring in supplementals, water, food, meds, lighting. Uh, we're gonna be checking and refueling the backup generators. As for you surgeons, push, postpone, or cancel all elective procedures until after this storm..." Owen addressed the hospital. "Save all surgeries for traumas. Nurses, please check that all tablets are charged and ready to go. But most importantly, we're gonna need to print hard copies of all computerized patient charts in case of a power loss."

"All of them?" Jackson asked from the cluster of employees. "Do we have time to—"

"I'll do that." Bailey's voice spoke, everyone turning to look at her.

"Bailey, it's good to have you back. I'll put you on the O.R. rotation." Owen opened his notebook.

"Uh, I mean I'll do the charts." Bailey clarified, walking away.

Owen paused, nodding, but was quick to get back on track. "Folks, they're saying that this is going to be a bad one, but we have three days to prepare. So let's do it and be ready when the storm hits. Thank you." Owen dismissed them by walking down the stairs and out of the room.

The employees dispersed and went to apply the changes that needed to be made.

***

After catching up with her patients, Ivy was filling out some charts and transport paperwork when Alex grabbed her arm.

"I need your help." He told, not waiting for her to respond before dragging her into a lounge with Cristina, Meredith, Jo already there. But Jo had a hood up and her eye was bruised and a black eye was forming.

"Holy shit. Jo what happened?" Ivy asked, walking into the room with Alex closing the door behind her.

"Chest Peckwell." Alex muttered, standing next to Ivy. Ivy's mouth fell, as she looked back at the girl.

"Oh my god."Ivy said through her teeth, her eyes now filled with rage.

"I'm okay. It's okay." Jo protested, as Alex paced, hands above his head.

"It's not okay, Jo!" Alex quietly exclaimed, lowering his head.

"We were having a fight. He—he grabbed my arm. I fought him off. It just—just got ugly. He fell backwards and he hit his head on the fireplace, but he was still yelling when I left. He was fine. I swear." Jo explained.