"Can you leave, I'm just about to close." I pretend to be unfazed by their comments, as if I didn't hear them.

"Aw she's playing hard to get." He mocks and my stomach clenches. Men are disgusting.

"No I'm just not interested." I hide my shaking hands behind my back "And I've messaged Lewis- he's called the police so I suggest you leave." I lie straight through my teeth and I hope they don't catch on.

This seems to shake their confidence. He walks away and leaves me alone behind the counter.

"What the fuck." He spits at me and I flinch back at his harsh tone. The sneer on his face terrifies me.

"What a fucking bitch." The other one chuckles as he steps back. I watch in confusion as he takes one of the heavy chairs in his two hands.

It all happens so quick. I duck as he slams the chair straight into the glass cover that covers all of the baking.

My shaking hands cover my head as I feel sharp prickles of glass on my hand and a little sting on my cheek.

They say a few more things before they realised they should leave. I briefly hear them running out of the cafe, slamming the door shut.

I sit there for a moment, my ears ringing as I think over what just happened.

With wobbly legs I stand up, resting my hand on the counter where there's not broken glass.

I look over the damage they've caused. I didn't even realise but they must've opened the cash register over the counter.

I peer into it and they've not taken all the money but a decently large amount is clearly missing.

My mind is completely dazed over. I can't think straight.

I call Lewis.

"Hey Lilah." I can hear the smile on his voice and I sigh out a shaky breath.

"Hi Lewis." My voice breaks and I sniffle a cry. I don't want to cry.

"What's wrong?" The way he immediately knows something's up makes my heart clench.

I don't deserve him.

"These- guys, came into the cafe and-" I gasp a breath trying not to cry. I don't even know what to say, how do I explain this to him?

I don't speak because if I do I will burst into tears. I've never felt so vulnerable in my entire life and I hated it. I couldn't even stick up for myself.

"Lilah, are you still at the cafe?" The way he speaks so calm almost makes me feel calmer. He has that effect on people.

"Yeah." I whisper out.

"Okay I'm coming- Luca is asleep and I'll leave him if you're okay with that, there's no way anyone can get in without the code or the key." He reassures me. Even if Christopher did know where to find us he wouldn't have a chance of getting in which is the only reason I agree.

"Just hurry." I mumble and I instantly hear loud footsteps on his end of the phone.

"I am, don't worry."

I put the call on loud speaker and mute the call. I don't what him to hear my cry which is uncontrollably happening now.

"You're okay, I won't be long." He tries to assure me but this just makes me cry even harder, my eyes burning from my tears. I'm glad the phone is muted.

It all goes by so fast, I feel like I'm in a void of nothingness. I listen to Lewis drive on his end of the phone, every so often giving me words of encouragement.