chapter seventeen: your story

Start from the beginning

He quickly answered her call despite how late it was.

"Hello?", he said.

"Um...hello, Jungkook.", her voice just made him more alive at that hour.

"Chaeyoung, you okay?", he asked her.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just...I'm sorry if I disturb your sleep-"

"Oh, no, no. I'm not sleeping yet. What's wrong, Chaeyoung? Is there anything I can help?", he cut her off, reassuring her that she did not disturb him at all.

"Actually...I can't sleep.", she told him.

"Oh...actually I can't sleep too.", he replied.

"You too?", Chaeyoung asked, she seemed to not believe his words.

He laughed, "Yeah...I tried drinking chamomile tea with Jin hyung, but it only worked on him. I tried counting sheeps too, it didn't work on me."

Chaeyoung chuckled to hear it. She was glad that she did not disturb him. It seemed like both of them were unable to sleep that night. She was relieved to know it.

Before she decided to call Jungkook, she was having a hard time trying to close her eyes because she kept thinking about Chanyeol. She had sent him a new message asking him why he left those comments on her videos. Chanyeol had not replied yet, and she was anxious about it.

To distract her mind, she called Jungkook, although he might not answer at that hour.

"I don't know if counting sheeps help, but I know talking with someone could help to sleep better.", she told him.

"Hm...really? Is that why you call me?", he asked, somewhat agreeing with her statement.

If counting sheep did not help, he surely preferred talking with Chaeyoung.

"I didn't really hope you'd answer my call, but...since you've answered, I think I know what we can talk about.", Chaeyoung suddenly got an idea.

"Mhm, what is it?"

"Maybe you can tell me about your stalker.", she answered.

Jungkook expressed a little shock at her choice of subject, "Really? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I don't think you told me about her before so why not?"

He nodded. He just mentioned the stalker once when he recognised the signature from the photo. He did not say anything else to Chaeyoung except the fact that he knew who was responsible for the threat.

"Is it okay...for me to talk about her?", Jungkook asked.

He remembered when he saw her reaction to the stabbed photos a few days ago. She looked scared, her hands trembling as she hugged Hank for comfort. He did not want her to react that way again.

"It's okay. I want to know, Jungkook. I need to know everything about what I'm involved in. Who knows if I have a good idea after understanding her side?", Chaeyoung replied calmly.

"Okay.", he said as he leaned against the headboard of the bed comfortably. "I'll tell you what I know about Jongseo. Her full name is Jeon Jongseo, she kept reminding me of it every time she came to the cafe. And as GoldenGrove's dedicated owner, you know how friendly I get sometimes, but I don't really remember everyone's full name. I remember her as Jongseo because she said I could just call her that. At that time, I didn't think much about it and just went on to call her Jongseo every time she came to the cafe. And then, I don't know how she found out about my full name. One day, she came and said it. Jeon Jungkook. She said it was nice to know someone with the same family name as her. Since then, she kept reminding me that her name is Jeon Jongseo. At this point, does it creeps you?", he asked as he took a pillow in his arm.