chapter seventeen: your story

Start from the beginning

Originally, Hoseok made her choose what she wanted to do with Jungkook for that day. There were three options; watch a movie at the cinema, go hiking or do some other outdoor activities and go to the aquarium.

She chose to watch a movie, and they ended up watching two movies to be fair on their differing preferences. The first movie was her choice, Barbie, and the second movie was Jungkook's favourite, the latest Mission Impossible. After five hours of the movies, they went for dinner before going home.

"So...here we are.", Jungkook said as they reached their apartment units. "You should get inside first.", he added.

"Before that...I want to say thank you..for today.", Chaeyoung replied.

Although they had spent most of the time that day together, she knew that they were still awkward with each other since the new arrangement they had to follow. To be honest, she did not blame him completely for what happened. She knew that it was not his fault that some psycho did not know boundaries in admiring someone. He was just too nice with everyone.

"And I'm sorry.", she told him.

He frowned, "Sorry? For what?"

"I was reacting too much. On that day you told me about the stalker and I didn't replied to any of your texts since then.", Chaeyoung knew that he was just caring for checking up on her, but she never replied to his messages since they switched places.

"Oh...I deserved it.", Jungkook smiled bitterly. "I should've told you from the start about her.", he added.

Chaeyoung nodded, "Maybe you can tell me now?"

"Oh, there you guys are!", Hoseok opened the door of Jungkook's apartment to see the two standing out there alone.

"Hyung, is there something wrong?", Jungkook asked him.

He shook his head, "No, it's just Jin hyung. He's been worried about you two not coming home."

Seokjin appeared from next door and sighed in relief, "Jungkook, you almost give me a heart attack."

The younger man chuckled as Seokjin pulled him in a brotherly hug, "Why? I'm here, hyung. Come on.."

Chaeyoung smiled as she looked at how strong the friendship Jungkook had with his friends.

"I thought you and Chaeyoung forgot your way home.", Seokjin said, a little exaggerating his words. "You guys aren't hurt or being followed, right?", he asked while checking Jungkook.

Both Jungkook and Chaeyoung chuckled at him.

"We're okay, oppa.", she told Seokjin.

"Good, let's get inside. It's late.", Seokjin replied while pulling Jungkook with him.

"Oh, okay. Chaeyoung, good night. Talk to you later.", Jungkook managed to say before he was dragged into her apartment.

She waved at him before the door closed, leaving her with Hoseok in the hallway.

♡♡♡

Jungkook was unable to sleep. He had done everything he could. He tossed around in the bed, but there was no comfortable position to make him sleep. He had made chamomile tea, but it only worked on Seokjin. He even tried to count the sheep, but it seemed to keep him more awake than sleepy.

"What should I do?", he got up from the bed, looking at himself through the mirror under the night lamp.

He sighed. At the same time, his phone rang, and he saw Chaeyoung's name on the screen. His eyes blinked in disbelief. It was half past midnight, and the screen showed Chaeyoung calling him at that hour.