Secrets That I Have Kept In My Heart

Aria shrieks at his anger-filled voice. She immediately turned to him with eyes wide open.

Nathaniel glared at her while clenching his jaw, his eyes were bloodshot red looking back at her feared one.

Aria looked down at his hands formed in a fist, his heavy breathing and cold eyes made her squirm in fear.

"I said. What. Are. You. DOING HERE?!!!" He yelled at her making her flinch.

"Who told you to come here??" He asked, slowly walking towards her making Aria step back.

His whole aura scared her, the way he was glaring at her as if she sinned and the way his hands formed a fists as if to control himself from hitting her. Aria didn't like this side of Nathaniel.

It reminded her of those days when she used to get bullied. She hate those days more than anything. The hate they had for her, made her hate herself.

Aria knows she's weak, and she didn't choose to be weak, it's just circumstances that always made her look behind her to see if there is someone who's going to trouble her.

"Tell me damn it!!!!" Nathaniel screamed at her.

Aria flinched, her back touch the wall. She squirmed as tears started to form in her eyes. Her mind as if stopped working, she couldn't understand anything, Her lips wobbled as she tried to stop herself from crying but it seems impossible.

"I am asking you one last time Aria! Who told you to come here?!!!" He screamed banging his hand on the wall beside her making her jump in fear.

Suddenly he held her arms tightly making her wail in pain. The room felt too suffocated to her, as if she's locked inside a dark room where there is no air to breathe.

Aria's whole body visibly shivered due to fear of being hit, she could also feeling Nathaniel hands shivering as well, she could feel him trying to control himself but from what?

She slowly brought her shaking hands near her chest and rubbed in circular motion making Nathaniel more angry than he already was.

"You're sorry?? But for fucking what?!! Just answer my fucking question Aria!" He asked, his cold eyes send chills down her spine.

Nathaniel couldn't control the anger he felt when he saw her in his room at first he thought he imagined her but later he knew she was real, he just knew it with his heart.

But the state she found him made him feel shameful, embarrassed and much more. He did not want her to see him like this, he wants to be the Nathaniel she imagined him and he was trying but now everything seems pointless to him.

The law firm which he went to for an interview rejected him. It was not like he didn't expect it, it was one question that made him lose control over himself and get drowned in alcohol.

You don't seem like you want this job Mr. Carter?

And the interviews you've gone to before states the same thing.

And the way you talk seems like you're a very pessimist person, and we don't need someone who will always discourage the clients.

I'm sorry Mr. Carter.

Pessimist person. What the fuck do they know about me??

Nathaniel didn't realise that he was holding her arms tightly and when Aria let out a sob it brought him out of his trance.

His eyes soften when he looked down at her scared state. It made him realise what he was doing.

Releasing her he step back a little.