Chapter 3: The Girl of Suffering

Start from the beginning

"No, you're wrong. I accidentally shot their clan leader with an arrow earlier today, and I have to face them to be accountable for what I've done. You know we must reap what we sow, we can't blame others for what we do," Val said softly.

"But they've gone too far, Val. How many times will you be insulted and oppressed by them?" Hyperion asked.

Unnoticed, one of them immediately lunged and stabbed Hyperion who was debating with Val, and the stab hit his chest. He fell to the floor, bleeding profusely.

"Hyperion!" Val yelled, "please, hang in, stay with me, open your eyes

"Hyperion!" Val yelled, "please, hang in, stay with me, open your eyes..., please," she cried out desperately, then stood up and faced them.

What she did next surprised me greatly. She stood, her face still bowed and tears streaming down, walked towards them with steps full of anger, then shouted, "Listen, you demons, I know I'm at fault, but you're the ones who started it. You've always been disrupting my life and hurting my friends. What do you really want? You don't like me, face me! You don't need to pick a fight with someone I care about, you rotten eggs! I'm sick of saying this, but you're just losers. If you want to hurt me, do it now, and don't bother my friends in the future." She raised her head and stared deep into their eyes with tears of frustration flooding her face.

"Val, don't..." Hyperion groaned as he tried to keep himself conscious.

She wiped her tears, looked back at us behind her with a smile, then turned back to the clan and said, "Do it! I'm ready to face you. Whatever the consequences, I accept. Face ME, now."

Time stood still for me at that moment. I felt so desperate when I found that my words had changed the fate of a girl. I was too transfixed and speechless, only able to watch this scene, as if in slow motion.

However, when one of them raised his sword, suddenly a loud voice of a man from outside the bar broke the tension.

"You rude warriors! I'm ashamed of you, and I don't think you're knights I can be proud of. After hurting others without reason, and showing no respect to a woman, you are filthy in my sight. Didn't you take an oath the first time you served? " the middle-aged man with scars on his forehead said with great anger. Time flowed back into me and filled my body, demanding my full attention.

"Step back, all of you, return to your headquarters, and take your injured friend with you, never come back to this place, or you'll never imagine the punishment I'll give you, understand? And, apologize, now!" he shouted with a thunderous voice.

"Roger, executing commander," they immediately retreated and carried their injured friend out of the bar, albeit with angry and vengeful faces.

"We apologize," they who were still conscious said with a displeased tone then left the bar.

"Please accept my apologies for the behavior of my men. They have been bold and disrespectful to all the patrons of this tavern, especially to this young warrior and her friends. I regret not providing proper guidance to one of the clans under my authority," he said, bowing his head in remorse, "Stretcher, quickly! Take this knight and treat his stab wound."