Chapter 6: Homesick

Now that Cortex and his cronies had gone, things seemed to have gotten quiet in the lab.

From his tube, Magnifico noticed it was now much quieter. He saw the Lab Assistants walking around, doing their duties. None of them showed any interest in talking with Magnifico, which suited him just fine, even though it did leave him alone with his thoughts.

Now the adrenalin had worn off, Magnifico took the time to think.

As he rubbed his hands together, He stared at the wedding ring on his finger [yup, it was still on him when they put him in the containment tube]. It reminded him of his ex-wife, Amaya.

He remembered the day he'd married her...

The day he built Rosas...

The day of the wish granting ceremony...

The day he was questioned about the star Asha brought down from the sky...

Then, the time when he granted the wish of Asha's friend Simon, in exchange for the name of the kingdom's traitor...

Amaya was with him in all those times.

He felt his eyes getting misty.

He almost didn't want to admit it, but he was starting to feel homesick. He was almost missing his world, his kingdom. And now, he was wondering if he had made the right decision.

He started thinking about Amaya.

'I wonder how she's doing, running the kingdom I built.'

His thoughts slowly began to twist in his mind, as he remembered when his wife betrayed him, when she, Asha, and the citizens of Rosas, all rose against him, causing his forbidden magic to be overpowered, and have himself sucked into his own staff, and trapped there.

And then, to add insult to injury, Amaya refused to help him, and then had him locked up in the dungeon, where she became the sole ruler of Rosas.

The words from that memory haunted him, and bit him hard in his butt.

'This is the thanks you deserve .'

He remembered what she said to the guard who locked him up.

'Hang it on the wall; in the dungeon.'

Then, he remembered his ignored pleas as he was taken away.

'Please, no ! The dungeon smells really bad!!!'

Then, he remembered the words he'd yelled to the guard that had put him in the dungeon and left soon after.

'YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I AM THE OFFICIAL WISH GRANTER OF THIS KINGDOM! RELEASE ME OR SO HELP ME, I SWEAR YOU'LL WISH YOU WERE DEAD! DO YOU HEAR ME?! DEAD!!!!!'

Then, his loneliness. He now felt like he was experiencing it all over again, stemming back to his childhood, when his parents were murdered by the greedy ruthless thieves he told Asha about on her interview to be his apprentice.

He could almost see that memory unfolding in the glass of the tube, like it was projected, almost similar to Bruno from Encanto.

He saw himself as a young boy, on the night his parents were killed. Hiding in the cupboard, in a similar fashion to Sly from the Sly Cooper games, he watched, his eyes welling up with tears as his parents were murdered.

As the memory faded, Magnifico felt tears welling up in his eyes again.

A sob escaped his throat.

It wasn't long till his tears of sorrow and grief soon became tears of anger.

Magnifico glared at his ring, his misty eyes now felt empty of the love he felt for Amaya. Instead, they were filled with rage, and fury, and loathing.

He now felt his hatred growing, for Asha, the girl who beat him, Amaya, his ex-wife who took over the kingdom, and for the ungrateful citizens of his old home.

He could count this strange set of events as both a blessing, and a curse.

He knew that his strange captors would be doing research on his old homeland.

Who knows what plans it would have in store?