Days 61-90

THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT.
THERE WILL BE GRAMMAR ISSUES, TYPOS, PLOT HOLES, AND YES, MANY THINGS WILL CHANGE DRASTICALLY.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND SHARING FIRST/ROUGH DRAFTS TO THE PUBLIC LIKE THIS. I DO THIS SOLELY FOR THE NOVEL OF FOLLOWERS PROJECT.

MY ANXIETY IS PEAKING BECAUSE OF IT SO ENJOY MUAHAHAHA.

"That's right," He said. "You told me I'd get some answers."

April sighed.

"You heard of Time Travel? It's real." April said. "These people are called Travelers. That table there's the American Pioneers, next to the Privateers. Greasers, Olympians, Romans. Chillers there are from the last ice age. Then, the future folk. Roarers from the 3020s, they first made contact in the 1920s and liked what they saw. The Grays, you've seen em' before in movies. Zoombaatis— mind their exhaust ports. Lovinians, Aa'rah— they were the ones who guided the Egyptians— and of course, the Wicntibfos from the fifth millennium, though, in the 2300s we adopt the celestial calendar, so our numbers wrap up."

Magnus stared at her.

"You getting all this?' April asked. "You wanted to know."

"I did," He replied. "I'm just feeling a bit... discombobulated."

"Get use to it, cowboy." April took glasses from behind the bar and set them down. "Still drink wine, Kiora?"

"Yes." She answered.

"What do you drink?"

"I think I'll have a water." Magnus said.

April nodded and poured him a glass.

"We can take everyone home with my pocket watch." Gainsborough offered.

April shot a sharp glance at him. "Since when did you have a portable TDU?"

"Always had it." Gainsborough looked to the stretch of bar he was wiping. He held his stare a long moment. "For Council business."

"Alright, then. Can you take everyone home?" April asked. "I've got a call to make."

Gainsborough took to speaking with each table and carefully explaining the predicament in his best customer-service voice.

"A malfunction in the TDU." He said. "We are calling a timechanic."

Behind the bar, April tapped a message on a Time Wire.

"TDU broken. Velex appeared in basement." April tapped.

The green light on the mechanism lit up. With a flip of a switch, she sent the message across time. With a sigh, she glanced up and met the eyes of Gideon, Magnus and Kiora.

"You called?" Diedre stood in the doorway. "This our team?"

"Have I got news for you."

By the time April had explained the story to Diedra, Gainsborough had returned each patron to their home times, save the five at the bar.

"You rethinking my offer?" Diedre asked.

"Hell no." April said. "You ain't turning my bar into a space pirate recruitment center."

"You think I want to make another AERA out of your saloon? Those moon junkies are high on their own methane. I came here 'cause I wanted you."

April eyed Diedre. She couldn't detect a lie behind the myiad's eyes.

"We're going, then?" Kiora asked.

"You aren't tagging along."

Kiora drew her daggers, Patience and Time, and swiftly staked them into the bar counter.

"Hey!" Gainsborough yelled.

"Where velexi may be found, so too shall my blades."

"I say bring her." Diedre said as she threw an arm around Gideon. "Know what they call herin the outer rim? Kekheretnebti, the Blades of Sekhmet."

Gideon sheepishly eyed the two daggers and audibly gulped. April looked up to lock eyes with Kiora. A foot of space held the tension of their rigid stares. In the room, only the five and Gainsborough remained, and all watched the two women.

"April," Gainsborough said softly. "Why don't you let her go with you? A velex was dropped in the saloon, you may need the help."

April sneered. "Fine, then."

"I'd like to come along." Gideon said.

"Why not. Everyone?