🫂||Chapter 15|| 🫂

The next day I awoke to the noises of human pups playing, I looked over to my side and Cheerio was gone. Their paw prints led me outside, when I reached the entrance I saw them playing with the human pups. I smile lightly at them. Tears swell into their eyes as a pup beckons them to come play. I go to lay down when all of a sudden tears drip down my fur, and as I blink I think of how we are safe. 

A few hours later...

Cheerio returns with a smile as they trot inside They look over at me and whisper "Thank you, For letting me play with the human pups! They are the best!!!" I look over at Cheerio dead in the eyes and yip " No, Thank you for staying happy this entire time.." Cheerio looks at me and hugs me tightly, they cry and their cold, wet, tears land softly on my fur. I look reassuringly at them, and they smile. They look up at me with tears streaming out of their eyes and ask "Do you think it's ok to want to live with the humans?"

"Whatever you want, friend, just always know that We're here if you need us."  A single tear drips down on their fur. I smile happily, knowing they want to leave. The den falls into a sort of warm silence as we sit at the tip of the den and watch the stars together one last time.