She Ain't You: Drique's Part

Comenzar desde el principio

"It's okay. just take this stress out of my body."I moaned closing my eyes

And she did just that.

I woke up to breakfast on the table and it was from Mcdonalds. On a regular day at home Giselle would've made breakfast and had my clothes washed and ironed.  After a quick shower we headed to the football stadium so i could get ready for my game.

"See you brought Mari out here with you."Greg said walking up to me

"Yeah...she's eye candy ain't she."

"Damn right...runs in her family. All of her sister are fine."

"She ain't Giselle tho."I patted his shoulder and walked over to the cooler to grab a drink. The game began to start and i blew a kiss to Mari for good luck. We won the game and after that i went out with the boys to grab a couple of drinks. An darkskinned girl in a red dress with long dreads caught my eye. I walked over to her talking that hot shit. 

"Wassup beautiful."I smilde

She turned to me and looked me up and down before lighting a  blunt.

"Hey."

"Can i buy you a drink?"I asked sitting down

"Sure .. I would like a long island with light ice."

"Whats your name?"

"Pride.."She smiled.

"Pride...that's different...It's pretty."

"Yes but people call me Pree. I prefer that."

"My name is Tydrique...everyone calls me Tydrique."I smiled

"Oh you're  a football player for the Vikings."She grinned

"Yes...yes i am."

"Wow ... my team is the patriot but you gave us a good game one year i must say."

"1998 right?'"

"Yup! Donald Masselton broke his arm during that game."

"I saw that on tv i wasn't with them yet ."

"Oh."

"So why are you all the way out here in Detroit?"

"On business. I am a fashion designer."

"Nice.."

"I'm about to head back home and cook. Would you like to come over for a plate?"

"Girl...you speaking to me...cuz i'm starvinggg."

She laughed and cocked her head back. Her smile was amazing and her skin glowed.

"Yes.. I am making some steak,mashed potatoes and shrimp with some asparagus."

"Lets gooo."I smiled. We grabbed our coats then headed to her car. We drove to her place and we walked in i instantly felt calm. 

Her home was well put together. Pictures of African queens and animals hung on the wall. She turned on the music and Erykah Badu came on. I sat on the couch and cooked. 

"That painting is beautiful."I said pointing to the one above the fireplace.

"Thats Cleopatra..."

 "Hey, did you know Cleopatra was actually Greek, not Egyptian?"

 "Really? I always thought she was Egyptian because of her association with ancient Egypt."

"Yeah, she was part of the Ptolemaic dynasty, descended from one of Alexander the Great's generals who took over Egypt after his death."