He's Mine: Mari

"Damn it.''I hissed pressing the cold icepack against my eye as i stood in the mirror. Drique didn't tell me about anything he had fucking going on. We've been fucking non stop and exclusive all around Duke and here had a whole bitch and daughter at home. It made me mad especially since i JUST found out that i was pregnant. I'm not from here , I'm from L.A and i was raised by my mother until she died from aids when i was 12. My father was a member of the bloods and been in jail for murder since my mother was 4 months pregnant with me. I never experienced love but i knew what it felt like to be neglected and abused. When i met Drique i thought i finally found real love...I was wrong . Just wait until i tell him that I'm pregnant. He will want to be a family and leave that bitch in the dust. She was ghetto fabulous. She was beautiful i must admit but ratchet and i didn't like her already.  My friend Tonya walked in with food from a soulfood place nearby. I could never get into soul food. Coming from a Dominican family all i ate was Spanish food . When i moved to north Carolina that's when i really got interested in other kinds of food. 

The Boy Is Mine by Brandi and Monica began to play on my radio. I began to sing along with it still applying the ice pack to my swollen eye. 

''She fucked your ass up.''Tonya laughed

''It's not funny and I'm mad as fuck at Drique.''

''Why? You knew months ago he had a girlfriend..''Tonya asked.

''I'm pregnant...he treated me as if we had something going on....yeah i knew but he knew too...''I said

''You really think he gonna leave her for you?''

''He better because i'm not getting rid of my baby so i guess we will be sharing him.''

''Mari really think about this like you wanna throw everything you worked towards away over a man who doesn't clam you? You just got a movie offer last week.''She said

I rolled my eyes and put the ice pack down. 

''Who says i still can't become an actress? It will be perfect. He's gonna be a football player for the vikings and i will be in Hollywood. our baby won't have to want for shit and he wants me anyway. i could see it in his eyes. He feels like he HAS to be with her.'' I said

''They have been together for 3 almost 4 years Mari...if your gonna be a side chick b smart. He's not leaving that girl..you can just give it up now.''

My phone started to ring and i grinned instantly because it was Drique's name who popped up on the phone. 

''Shit he just might leave her..He's calling me now.''I smiled. 

i answered the phone and put it on speaker making sure that Tonya would stay quiet first. I had a boost mobile chirp phone and that mothefucker was loud as shit.

''Yo.''

''Wassup.'' I said

''Listen...I am sorry for what happened yesterday .. I love Giselle...and i love my daughter.. I wanna be with Giselle. i'm sorry for leading you on.''He said

i felt my heart sink and my palms began to get sweaty. This nigga had me fucked up forreal and i was gonna show him who was boss forreal. 

''Oh yeah? What she gonna say when she finds out i am pregnant?''

''Wait you're pregnant ?"

''Yeah..just found out a couple of days ago...''

''You can't keep that baby.''

''What do you mean i can't keep my baby?''

''Mari...i don't want to be with you. I love  my girl ..plus i'm ready to go pro...listen i will go with you to the clinic and all but you can't keep that baby."