chapter 7:

SAGE RODRIGUEZ:

Today is the day that Reese takes me on a date and to say I'm nervous is a understatement. Reese and I have been hanging out a lot lately whether it's after his football practice or chilling at his house watching Netflix in his room I always enjoy hanging out with him his parents are always so kind and his baby sister is the cutest little human ever I mean even my mom adores him and she never approved the guys I hang out with.

Reese has been texting me every hour making sure I don't have a mental breakdown, everytime I see his name pop on my phone screen a smile immediately makes it's way to my lips . My feelings for Reese has grown so much in this short time of knowing him but he has shown me nothing but absolute love and gentleness. My mind could be playing tricks on me but I think Reese actually likes me and Noah has been going on about how Reese never shuts up about me.

After I got home from school I grabbed a snack from the kitchen and headed straight to my room to go through some outfits for the date tonight, Laura should've helped me but she had to go visit her grandparents for a 'family reunion'.
Reese told me to wear something comfortable but cute, so I decided to wear a cute pink summer dress with my white Nike air forces. I curled my hair and put on some light makeup which consisted of a little bit of eyeshadow, mascara and lipgloss.

When I looked at the time on my phone it was already five forty nine and Reese was going to pick me up at six so I had some time to get rid of my nerves. I head downstairs and see my mom typing away on her computer she's probably busy with work "Hey sweetie, uhm your brother is at kian's but there is left-over pizza in the stove if your hungry." She says taking a sip from her wine and continues to type on her computer "mom I told you I had a date with Reese tonight" I say while frowning at her, me and my mom weren't close and after my dad past away in a car accident we drifted even far apart "oh I forgot I'm just so busy with work and all" she says not even looking up from the computer. After standing there for a hot minute the doorbell rings and a smile immediately appears on my face I rush to the door and open it to see Reese standing there in all his glory. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt with black jeans and his black and white air Jordan's , he had a bouquet of roses in his hand with a smirk on his face.

"Done checking me out princess?" He asks with a small chuckle "uhm yes- I mean I wasn't checking you out I was just- nevermind I was checking you out" I say nervously "you look so beautiful princess" he says which causes me to blush "thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" I say while walking out of the door "I got you flowers, I just chose red roses because most girls like them" he says calmly how is he so damn calm?! "Thank you their beautiful" I let out with the biggest smile on my face "anything for you princess, shall we go? I don't want us to be late" he asks stretching his hand out for me "yes we shall" I say giggling.

When we got to his jeep he opened the passenger door for me to get in "what a gentleman" I tease him "only for you princess" he says making me turn as red as a tomato, he closes the door gently and round to get to the driver's side, "so where are we going?" I asked excitedly "it's a surprise princess" he says starting the car, I let out a small huff before saying "not even a clue?" He chuckles lightly "unfortunately not" we start to drive and I quickly get bord "Can I play some music?" I ask in a hopeful tone "sure you can" Reese says handing me his phone "I have a couple of playlists I think you'll like" he adds. He tells me his phones password and I immediately notice the background is a picture of him and his parents with Emily on his shoulders, after taking in the cute background I go into his spotify playlists and spot some of my favorite songs and immediately start to play it.

After a couple of songs I hear my favorite song come on friends don't look at friends that way by Tate McRae. I start to sing along with my hand on my heart, I see Reese stealing glances at me smiling brightly before focusing his eyes on the road again with that smile still evident on his face. After I danced and sang Reese's ears of we finally reached the the restaurant, it looked absolutely stunning and so elegant but yet so chill and calming.