"And...I don't need to hear that," Haruka furrowed his eyebrows warily. "Is that the safest decision? Considering the student council is...?"

"Oh, come on. The student council is a piece of cake. They are nothing compared to the murderous assassins I had to deal with two years ago. Now, they were a real piece of work," you shuddered, "Arata and I suffered greatly and almost had a whole let me resuscitate you with a kiss moment."

"I've pretty much learnt to brush your concerning words away," Haruka said mildly, "but well, good for you. You two can hold on pretty strong yourself. The last few victims were sent running off."

"I never got in touch with them," you brooded over it thoughtfully. "I wanted to get a grasp of the game and the member's characters...but I didn't really expect this outcome."

"Don't worry," Haruka snorted. "Neither did I. No one did, actually. And now with your results beating Jun's, you're in for a ride. You do know Jun is mostly in the student council due to his excellent grades, right? Being good looking helps him, but..."

Hey, now that you thought about it properly—Jun had mentioned this to you before, hadn't he? Something about him not being the richest amongst the council, how his grades mattered the most because

"—wait," you interrupted. "Who is Jun, actually?"

"Beats me. He isn't the closest to any of them." Haruka cast you a glance, narrowing his eyes. "You aren't planning anything devious, are you?"

"The only devious thing I'm remotely closest to is figuring out what kind of kiss I'll give to my boyfriend later." You deadpanned, rolling your eyes. "Now get on with it. What do you know about Jun? I need as much information as I can get to comfort him later."

Well, Arata did say he wanted to use Jun against Daichi for the game, or whatsoever. That was a bold and wise decision—because for some reason, Daichi was oddly dangerous. Not the petty, minuscule kind of danger but the wild, violent kind: and that made you wonder. Because you had always prided yourself on knowing people well: and here Daichi was, proving you wrong. Simply put, he was a puzzle piece you just couldn't get: there were too many missing links, too little clues.

And something also told you Arata knew something you didn't. But after all, you trusted him. He would tell you when he was ready.

"...Jun pretty much appeared out of nowhere," Haruka was frowning, as he was trying hard to remember. "And he wasn't filthy rich, he didn't have connections, and he became part of the student council relatively swiftly. But something is off between him and the rest. He's...wary of them. Terribly so. There's a crazy rumor around—long abandoned, by the way—that he used to be one of their victims. While that wouldn't make sense theoretically, if you really think about it—it would explain his behavior."

"...That's plausible," you said at last. "Wait, why am I even thinking about him? I'll just get my plan done."

"What is your plan, by the way?"

"Daichi's acting crazy these days," you winced. "So I'll be using the bet with Jun to mitigate the damage. From what Arata mentioned, Jun apparently already has bad blood with Daichi. I'll get him to tell me later."

"Only in private schools will you find these messes," Haruka said with a long sigh. "It's all coming to the surface now. It's such an ugly fight. I mean, if you really think about it, it's funny how all of them have preferences for males. The most eligible bachelors for the girls at our partner school are all gone now."

"So depressing." You lied.

"Right. I bet you feel so sorry for them."

"I don't." You said honestly.