Blood stained his fur, but it all wasn't his own. Ratfang screeched, being cut off by Cloudsound's blow to the flank. Ratfang screeched again.
Finally, a cat from Ratfang's clan actually came to help him. Cedarpaw flung himself onto Cloudsound with a battle cry.

He flung the large apprentice off easily while Ratfang and Brownscar dragged Briskclaw back to the border.
"Three warriors down." He muttered to himself. Cedarpaw leaped back into the fight with a flurry of claws at Littlescar.

He whipped his head around to find Leafnose standing over Daisyheart slashing at Sleekfoot. He knocked Sleekfoot to the ground. "Go to your rogues!" He yowled. Sleekfoot raced away. Four warriors gone.

He saw Marshscar leap onto the Highrock when he half dragged half held Daisyheart into the clearing.

"This is for Ripplestar!" Marshscar leaped at Finchstar, but Stormfall knocked them both out of the way. Marshscar lay unmoving flat on the ground. He continued to pull Daisyheart into the medicine den.

Where Stripetail and Rollthump already lay. All three she cats (Rollthump, Stripetail, and Daisyheart)
were alive, thankfully.

Raincloud and Rainpaw stood over Swiftkit in the back of the den.

The battle was not yet over.

~~~~~~~

Stormfall shoved Finchstar and herself out of the way of a flying Marshscar (mousebrain). He landed
On his belly. When Marshscar didn't stir, Flintpaw and Needlestep raced over to their dying leader.
"Tell," he gasped and coughed, "Yellowpool," he wheezed and gasped for air, "she's the," gasping for breath, he wheezed and coughed, "ShadowClan lead-" one last wheeze came from him, he coughed. Those were the last words Marshscar ever spoke. Flintpaw hissed.

"It's your fault he's dead!" Flintpaw flung himself at Stormfall. She pushed him off easily. Yellowpool made her way into the camp, pushing past Whitepelt and Lionfang.

Yellowpool sighed. "I had told him to be careful, but he wouldn't listen. He only ever said he would avenge Ripplestar. Yet he hasn't." The ShadowClan cats stopped fighting with ThunderClan.

"ShadowClan, retreat! Marshscar is dead! Help the wounded!" She ordered, her voice ringing around the clearing.

-------------------------

ShadowClan scent still raked the clearing with gags.

Stripetail and Rollthump were recovering quite quickly from their wounds. Daisyheart, wasn't healing as quickly. She was strong, but not strong enough.

Prickleface hadn't told Cloudsound or Leafnose yet, but he didn't think Daisyheart would make it through the night. Even though Prickleface hadn't told Cloudsound, the whole clan knew it.

"Stormfall, can you help me check for wounds?" Rainpaw and Prickleface had started scanning the clearing.

"Sure, but I need to go hunt soon. I'm not severely injured, and the clan needs to be fed." Prickleface nodded, checking for major wounds on Lionfang.

She stalked over to where Flywing lay with her kits. Flywing and both her kits were plenty alive, though they had scars to prove they were in the battle.
"Treekit, can you come here?"
Treekit bounced over, limping on one paw. "Can you hurry? DuckClan has attacked my great clan, TreeClan." She nodded, having him lay down.

"Does anything hurt?" Flywing's head perked up as Stormfall asked her kit. "Is he hurt?" Flywing asked with worry filling her voice.

"He's got a limp, but he'll recover." She turned to Treekit. "Go sit in the Medicine Cats' Den." He nodded and scampered off, favoring a forepaw.