𝒗. airplane thoughts

A STARRY NIGHT IN APOLLO BAY

❪ we finally found our home

a place where we both belong ❫

               anna schumacher clicked her tongue in annoyance. sam looked over her shoulder and saw her looking at a picture of some valeryi. "cheating bastard" she shook her head. "i told you this would happen" he remarked.

               "fuck off" she tossed her phone to him, turning away in her seat. "the worst part is that he fucking cheated during the first month" she scoffed.

               anna was on a flight going to suzuka to attend the japanese grand prix with samuel. she regretted paying for the in-flight wifi the moment she came across valeryi's posts.

               the thing about anna and valeryi was pretty weird. their situationship was pretty smooth, but both of them started to feel detached when they got into a relationship with others. anna was the first one to dump him. she worked with the principle that if it doesn't work out in the start, it never will; the person will be the same. but she was surprised to find out that he cheated right in the first month of their relationship, something she was absolutely disgusted with.

               "skate america is the first time we're competing again since world in march" sam pointed out. anna hummed. "yeah, the grand prix series is gonna start next month, and i really need to work up for that. with being an olympic champion, pressure, and plus i won the europeans and worlds this year, it's hell of a pressure."

               the title of being a 2022 olympic champion came with lots of pressure. anna needed to live up to the title while defending it and letting people know she's worthy of that title. else the gossips would start floating that olympics was just luck, and anna schumacher would never let that happen, never in a century, even if she had to bend hell.

               "dude, tell me about it. the men's discipline is so weird right now. i feel like everyone is almost quite close to each other in terms of talent, especially now that yuzuru hanyu retired" sam shook his head.

               "it's more about skating clean and not falling instead of creating a perfect blend of technical elements and creativity" sam sighed. it was honestly disheartening to see what their sport has come to.

               "i mean, the new yorkers are doing good. i feel like the only people you need to worry about are adam siao and shoma uno" anna shrugged. the entire group, which consisted of anna, sam, yumeko, elise, hangyeol, and evander, was known as new yorkers because they all trained in new york. mick teased them over their very 'original' name. it was corny, but it is whatever it is.

               "yeah, and seeing both the japanese skaters build up so fast is both good and bad to see" sam shook his head. "plus, you're dominating the women's discipline" anna chuckled at the comment. it was true; she was pretty much dominating the worlds and europeans, but after the olympics, it was like a newfound talent. she truly stepped up her game after the olympics.

               figure skating fans often joked that the new yorkers dominated the podium during competitions as if they were playing musical chairs with each other. the new yorkers shuffled on the podium from competition to competition.

               the pilot announced that they would land shortly. it suddenly dwaned upon anna that she spent almost the entire, 18 hour, flight thinking about max even though she never voiced it out. would he be pissed off to see her? would be angry? happy? she was unsure of his reaction. anna thinks that the chances of him being happy to see her is pretty slim but him being angry seemed more as per her calculations.

               it's been a long while since she attended an f1 race. for sure, anna missed being in the paddock and watching the race in live action. however, being a figure skater just didn't help, with constant competitions, gala shows, and regular training; she's just exhausted by the end of it. which is why almost all the time she ended up watching the race from the comfort of her apartment in new york city, where she trained.

               the drive from the airport to the hotel was short. anna purposely missed the qualifying because of the jet lag.

 anna purposely missed the qualifying because of the jet lag

AUTHOR'S NOTE

bear with me guy please the next chp is the one where the two meet i swear. also the valeryi here is not the valeryi angelpool. it's just the first name that popped up in my head