𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚘 𝙷𝚊𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎

"Fool. None of us can control that power. You will burn."

"I already have."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

ENLISTMENT OFFICE, BAYONNE, N.J. - DAY

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Men and boys of age are all sitting in one room in their underwear, holding up newspapers as they wait for their turn.

"O'Connell, Michael..." called the Army Doctor, as one of the papers flapped down, a young man was revealed. The young man stands up, surrounded by the newspapers all titled with atrocities that the Nazis have committed.

"Boy, lot a guys getting killed over there." says a boy with a frail structure, his stature compared to the others was far from army-like.

"Kinda makes you think twice about enlisting, huh?" says the guy to the right of him.

"Nope" retorts the frail and lean-looking boy.

"Rogers, Steven." the doctor calls out, and the boy stands up on his feet and heads towards the doctor. Steve watched anxiously as the doctor scanned his file. A dozen ailments were checked on the paper. "Remind me, What did your father die of?"

 "Remind me, What did your father die of?"

"Mustard Gas, 1918. He was in the 107th Infantry. I was hoping to get assigned to them if –" said the boy now known as Steve, one of your best friends.

"And your mother?" the doctor interrupts.

"She was a nurse in the TB ward... Got hit, couldn't shake it," replied Steve.

The army doctor looked at the documents, and back up to Steve, "Sorry, son. You'd be ineligible on your asthma alone."

"You can't do anything? Can't you give me a chance?" Steve pleaded with yearning eyes, looking down when confronted by the sturdy stance of the doctor.

"I'm doing it, I'm saving your life." The doctor said stamping Steve's file with a 4F. Steve is devastated, he has failed again after numerous tries in numerous offices.

 Steve is devastated, he has failed again after numerous tries in numerous offices