Chapter 22. Dinner and Talk

Gianna saw the car pull, she had a wave of excitement and nervousness wash over her. Qian was as happy as could be to be spending time with his real dad like this.
She walked towards the car and Qian got in the back. Jamie walked around to where she stood. He opened the door for her and she looked at him for a second before she got in. Never in all the time had she known him had he ever opened a door for her. She smirked but raised her eyebrows.

He closed the door and got in the drivers side. "Buckle up son." He said to Qian as he watched him do so in the rear view mirror.

"Mom, you need to buckle up too.." Qian said.

"He's right.. I wanna keep my whole family safe.." Jamie said to her as she put on her seat belt too.

Jamie pulled off, heading back to his place. Gianna sat in the car, just looking out of the window, taking in the views, remembering this journey she had made so many times with him to his place. She thought to herself. How far are things had come, if someone would've told her 10 years ago that she would be sat here with this renowned man and her son she would never have believed it, but here they were amicably getting on with things.

"Have you umm... have you heard from Nathan?..." Jamie asked her.

"He keeps trying to contact me, he wants me to get back with him

"He keeps trying to contact me, he wants me to get back with him... He has told me how sorry he is and that it would never happen again... But I can't have that around my son" she said. "You know I won't stand for that.." she added.

"Do you want me to make sure he stays away?.." he said gritting his teeth.

"Nope... I told you I don't want you involved and I meant it... I will handle this, the last thing I need is for you to get in any more trouble and end up back in jail.... because your son needs you." She told him. "You don't know how much he adores you.." she added.

Jamie pulled the car into the drive, he still had money, nothing had changed here. Gianna got out with a hint of nostalgia. Jamie saw her looking at the place. "We had some good times here huh?.."

"You definitely did.." she replied with sarcasm.

He shook his head "all in the past, I am not that man anymore..."

He let them in and Qian went straight on an exploration tour of his own around the house.
"So what are you cooking for us Mr Logan?." Gianna asked as she sat up on the stool at the kitchen island.

"I don't care as long as it's got meat in it.." he said. "I can do this vegan shit that people are up to nowadays..." he added. He started to look for what he could cook.

"Cody is backing your corner as usual.... I've spoken to her recently.."

"Yeah... she actually declared her undying love for me.." he told her.

"Well, I could see that on the cards years ago.." she told him as she bit into a bread stick. "I knew she always liked you.."

"Well. I didn't see it... I mean... we fucked around in years gone by..." he looked at Gianna realising what he was saying. "I just thought it was one of those things...

"That only happens in a man's head." Gianna said. "For women it's a lot more personal than that... with a lot more feelings attached." she said. "Though, not like these young ho's nowadays... the ones that are all about money... they say equal rights and how independent they wanna be.. but, they have to bag a man with money who funnily enough has to keep them in hair, clothes and nails, so they can be the trophy on their man or another woman's man's arm. So really nothing has changed has it... women are just more callous to other women to get what they want.." she shrugged.

Jamie looked at her as he poured her a glass of wine. "Wow!.. that was deep. You thought a lot about that..." he laughed. He then straightened his face. "Listen... That shit you said about me grooming you and shit... G I didn't do that..."

"I was an impressionable kid Jamie.. kid!.." she expressed with her eyebrows raised.

"I knew you would be mine though.. I knew all those years you would be my woman..."

"I was in my baby teens and you were teaching me how to suck your dick... there is a law against child abuse you do know that right?.."

Jamie stepped back he stared at her. "Child abuse?... naw, I am not that... I only ever fucked with you for you back then.. it wasn't about yo age..."

"I was a child or didn't I matter?..."

"Why are you doing this G?.." he said suddenly. "We're grown now with a son.. why?.."

"Because I want you to know what you did and own it... I was young and naive and totally in love with you.. and you knew it... you were grown enough to know that having me around you every second, keeping me close and then teaching me sex acts and having sex with me... was wrong!.... I was an innocent child who knew no better... but I see it all now that I'm grown..."

Jamie felt awkward. "I... I didn't see it like that... I loved you, I wanted you.. I didn't let you outta my sight because I knew you were the one for me.. and you still are." he said. "G.. I... I'm sorry..." he said shocked at all she said, and not once seeing how it was back then.

"It's in the past now.. but I just wanted you to know how that felt..." she said to him. "And then all you did was screw around on me... after you stole my heart, moulded me to be the type of girl that you wanted... I had to watch you kiss and flirt, and ultimately sleep with other women...let's just say, you killed me a long time ago Jamie..."

Jamie was genuinely gutted, he sat down for a second and frowned, he blew out. "I can't change the past... although hearing you now I wish I could because I was such a dick... I Ioved you but I was coming up in this volatile celebrity world... and it overwhelmed, overpowered me... and yea I did shit that I shouldn't have done but I didn't think or realise that you felt that deep..."

"About you?..." she shook her head. "I loved you... I hung on your every word in the beginning... I waited up for you, I witnessed you being that man... and I took it.." she said.

"I'm sorry... I don't know what else to say to you... but look at you G... sexy, smart, amazing all round... I'm the luckiest man in the world to have had the chance to be with you and to have a son with you... you mean more to me than you'll ever know....

"So, what are we eating?." She said to him as if dismissing his last comments....