Chapter 2: The Ride

"Clothes, shoes, toiletries, my tablet, charger... I didn't forget anything, right?"

Nattawat was pacing back and forth in his room, checking around to see if there was anything else he should be taking with him. His bag had been made since last night but he was feeling incredibly restless.

"He called you Peaches," Tontawan said. That wasn't an answer.

Nattawat turned around to look at his sister. She was sitting at the edge of his bed, looking at him with her brows high in her forehead. "I know," Nattawat said.

"Don't you find it weird?"

"I do."

"Then why are you not angry about it? Like, who does he think he is? You are a prince. He can't talk to you like that."

Nattawat nodded absentmindedly and then decided to return to his closet once more. Maybe he should have packed something with long sleeves too. What if it got cold during the night?

Wait, where were they going to stay at night anyway? In a tent? Oh, he hated tents.

"Nattawat!" his sister called again, irately trying to get his attention back. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah, I am," Nattawat answered. "Do you think I should take a razor and a foam with me or would my shaver be enough?"

"Is your mustache the important topic right now? You are going on a month-long trip with a disrespectful prick!" She was getting angry.

"It was only a few days ago you were defending Flowers, saying they were peaceful and would never do anything bad."

Tontawan rolled her eyes. "I was talking about committing crimes, not being overly friendly with my younger brother."

"Phi, I'm a prince, I know how to deal with people like him," Nattawat said in a tone he hoped to be calming. "Don't worry."

"We'll see about that."

"Phi," he gave her a pointed look.

"Okay, okay! Just give me a call if he does anything that crosses a line."

Nattawat shook his head and started walking towards his closet, he was indeed going to take a long-sleeved t-shirt. But it was right then when there was the knock of fate on his door.

"Come in!" Nattawat called out, gulping.

The door creaked open, revealing two palace workers on the other side. "Mr. Aster is downstairs, Your Highness. He is waiting for you," one of them informed Nattawat, while the other entered the room to take his suitcase.

Nattawat and Tontawan left the room after them, the former forgetting about the long-sleeved t-shirt altogether out of anxiousness, while the latter led the way like she was going to get on a ring to fight a Flower.

As they reached the side entry, there was a small group of people waiting for him. There were some workers, some bodyguards, and unsarcastically in the middle of them was standing the main character, Aster.

"Good morning," Nattawat called. His greeting was for everyone but his eyes were glued on the back of Aster, as he was trying to get himself ready for the Flower's overwhelming personality. So, nobody really greeted him back.

After hearing his arrival, Aster turned around to face him, there was a small smile playing on his lips. "Hello there," he welcomed the prince.

He was wearing a white shirt this time, looking all boyish and summery with his blue jeans, white sneakers, and the sunglasses hanging from the V of his unbuttoned shirt collar. He looked as though he had just stepped off the cover of a magazine.