(1) Renegades

"Park! Kim! Get over here!" the Sargent yelled getting the attention of two boys, they walked to the Sargent and saluted while standing side by side. "The two of you are my best soldiers... Then tell me why and how you could mess up so badly at your past missions." the Sargent stated while spit flew at their faces. "It was-" the shorter boy started but the taller one interrupted him. "It was my fault sir. I apologize, it will never happen again." The taller boy had said while trying to not make eye contact with either the shorter boy standing to his right or the Sargent. 

"It better not happen again. You both are dismissed. Except you, Kim. I still want to talk to you." the Sargent said. That got his attention but he didn't want to leave the other boy's side. "Now!" The Sargent said as he left. The boy sighed then walked to the Sargent's office. "you wanted to see me sir?" the boy asked. "How many times have you been in charge of a mission, Hongjoong?" asked the Sargent. "10 missions sir..." Hongjoong said in a disappointed tone. "Exactly! If you fail one more time in charge of a team, then I will have no choice to put you out of that position, with force if I have to. Do I make myself clear?" The Sargent said as he stood from his seat behind his desk. "Yes sir." Hongjoong had said before he left the office. 

It was night and Hongjoong returned to the bunk he was assigned to stay in with the other boy, who was sitting on his bed aside from Hongjoong's. "So, what was that about?" He asked as he got up. "He's going to replace me if I don't have this next mission go well without any problems." Hongjoong said as he sat down on his bed. "Then we should get out of here before he can do that to you." The boy said. He got on his knees then grabbed Hongjoong's hands. "But Seonghwa, we can't just pack everything up and leave the military because of a few messed up missions.. All I have to do is work harder and plan things out better." Hongjoong said as he managed to slip his hands out of Seonghwa's grip. "But what if we could? Listen, Sargent doesn't care what we do as long as we get it done right-" Hongjoong paused as he saw two other boys walk in the room. 

"So what's the whole deal with Sargent? Does he not favor you anymore Kim?" An average height boy asked three inches away from Hongjoong's face. "Back off, It's not like he failed on purpose." Seonghwa pushed the boy away from Hongjoong and stood in front of him as a way of protection. "Hey, I was only messing around, Park." the boy said with a chuckle after he backed up. Hongjoong's eyebrows furrowed and that caused Seonghwa to notice the situation he was in, and place a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Hey Park, we're going to talk about the next mission if you wanted to join you could? We need someone with your- access." The other boy had said with a hesitation since he knew that Seonghwa has a dangerous side to him. "I think I'm going to stay here for a while just to stay with Kim, but I will join you later." Seonghwa said as he stood on Hongjoong's right. "Alright." the boy said before he left the room. He looked back at the two but the boy that was with him told him to come to him so they would have the meeting about the mission. 

"You don't have to stay, you should be briefed on the next mission. Maybe tell me how to not mess this one up." Hongjoong at this time was sitting on the box in front of his bed. "Suit yourself, if you need anything contact me." Seonghwa said before he left the room and caught up with the two boys that made an appearance in his room. "Park, you came. We just started." a boy who wasn't with them before said as he was sitting by where Seonghwa was standing. 

"Listen up- where's Kim?" the average height nice boy asked as he looked around confused. "Probably didn't want to risk another failure, I mean Sargent is on his tail after all." the rude boy as he snickered. He was standing to the left while the nice boy was on the right of a screen that was in front of an oval table where a few people were at. "Hey! He is doing all he can with all he's got. Maybe if you were to actually think for once things wouldn't end up messy!" Seonghwa yelled. The room went silent and the nice boy flinched knowing if Seonghwa had actually snapped... people would be dead. "L- Let's begin the briefing, shall we?" the nice boy asked. "Yes, go ahead Tae. I'm sure some people will listen now." Seonghwa giving the rude boy a glare. "And you wonder why we call you siren eyes." the rude boy said as he shivered after looking at him since he was sitting in front of him at the table. 

The meeting finished and Seonghwa walked into his and Hongjoong's assigned room, Hongjoong was asleep but he had to wake him up and it was worse than any mission the entire military had gone on. Having that in mind he started packing his stuff quietly so he wouldn't wake up Hongjoong. Movement could be heard from his side of the room and he sat up slowly still half asleep from being woken up. "Seonghwa?" Hongjoong asked. "Hongjoong, hurry and pack up everything or I'll pack it for you." Seonghwa continued packing until he had everything in the trunk by his bed. "Why? Why are you so eager to leave? What was so bad that we have too leave." Hongjoong asked as he got off the bed. "Need I remind you about the recent failed missions? Sargent hates us, and no one would care if we were gone. Do you still want to argue about this or help me finish packing up so we can leave." Seonghwa was standing at this point and in front of Hongjoong. "Fine." Hongjoong stated as he stood up. The two were face to face by three inches at least. 

An hour passed and both boys were walking far away from the military camp. It was making them tired but they made it to the city by daybreak. "So now what? Keep walking or- what are you doing?" Hongjoong asked in a more serious manner. "During the briefing we were told about a group of rebels and they don't have a leader, maybe this could be an opportunity for you to successfully lead?" Seonghwa said as he walked to the porch of a house. Hongjoong let out a sigh then walked and stood next to him, Seonghwa knocked and the residence of the house scrambled inside. 

A boy with the face of a Shiba Inu dressed in a black hoodie was blocking the door terrified after looking out the peephole. "Well Wooyoung? Who is it?" Yeosang asked as he was helping San move a box to a different room on the first floor of the house. "Military ops." Wooyoung said with the same terrified face. "What?!" a boy with a cat-like face with dimples asked letting go of the box he was helping another boy move. "Heavy!" a doberman faced boy with a birthmark by his eye stated as he nearly fell over because of the sudden movement due to the cat faced boy letting go. "We don't mean you any harm, please let us in we need to get off our feet." Seonghwa said as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"What makes you think we can trust you and not go back on your word and turn us in?" Wooyoung asked as he was still blocking the door. "We are not armed." Hongjoong stated. He didn't feel comfortable saying that but to be honest it was true, the boys packed up everything except their weapons at least for Hongjoong. The door opened and the two walked in, everyone in the house continued what they were doing but both a boy who must've been asleep or crying since he was pink, he looked like a puppy or at least his face did. The other boy with him had a defined face almost like how Seonghwa did but this boy looked older than he was. "Morning Princesses, glad you could help us- wait where's Jongho?" Yeosang said. He came back from the room after he put the box away. "Our baby bear is still asleep... He had a long day. I think it's best for all of us if we don't wake him." the puppy faced boy said. "Still think this is a good idea, Seonghwa?" Hongjoong asked with a confused/concerned face as he looked at the others in the house.