17: First Date

During lunch on Monday morning, I sat with Jake as we talked. He hadn't even realized he was holding my hand, which I needed to eat with. I became red and looked away, embarrassed. Jake laughed a little and turned red as well. But it was a way cuter look on him than on me.

I had finished my food quickly and cleaned up my area. I stood up with my tray in my hands. Jake put his hand on my arm."Jess, wait," he said, a little nervous.

I sat back down and put the tray back on the table."What's wrong, Jake?"

Jake took in a long, deep breath."Well... I've been thinking a lot lately. We've been hanging out for a while now, like roller skating, lunch, and in the house. But we haven't actually... "Hung" out, if you get what I'm saying." He paused, clearing his throat."So, I was wondering, um, would you maybe want to go to Red Lobster's for dinner? As... A date?"

My mouth hit the floor. Jake was seriously asking me out, to an actual restaurant. I was overwhelmed with joy."No - I mean yes! Yes, I would love to go on a date with you!" I pulled Jake into a tight hug, kissing him on the cheek.

"Great," Jake said, letting out a happy sigh."Now how are we suppose to get by Mom and Dad?"

"Oh," I said, pulling away from him."We'll think of something."

Jake smiled and grabbed my hand."I'm sure we will." The way he spoke made me blush again. I turned away and fiddled with my hair. Jake laughed at me.

"What? You'd be blushing too if you were constantly conscious about how you acted around the hottest boy in school." I didn't realize what I had said until after it left my mouth. I turned even redder as Jake raised his eye at me.

Jake smirked."You think I'm the hottest boy in school?"

I stuttered."I... Uh... Bye!" I ran as fast as I could out of the cafeteria and down the hall. The whole time, I was laughing my guts out. The hall was empty, and all I heard was my laughing and footsteps behind me. Suddenly, I was grabbed from behind and stopped from moving. I laughed even louder as Jake laughed as he wrapped his arms around my stomach.

"Hey! Your not going anywhere until you give me a kiss!" He said, turning me around."Kiss the hotness! Taste the rainbow!"

I laughed again."Alright, bend down!" He did as I told and I kissed him on the cheek."Bye, hotness!" I shouted, running down the hall again.

"Bye, princess!" Jake said, waving and laughing."See you at home, cutie!"

---------------------------------------------

Jake and I skipped all the way to our house from school. When we got home, we both went running to our rooms. I began to find some clothes for our date, going through every drawer and tearing down my closet. Finally, after about an hour of searching, I settled on a strapless blue top, jeggings (jean leggings), and blue flats. In a rush, I put the clothes on and stare at myself iin the mirror. After I straightened my hair and curled it at the bottom, I got out my makeup and was about to put it on.

"You don't need makeup, Jess,'' Jake yelled from the outside of my closed door.

"How'd you know I was putting makeup on?'' i questioned, giggling.

''Hey, I know my sister,'' Jake said, giggling himself.

I laughed again and only put on my favorite lipgloss. I left my room and stared at Jake as he stared at me. Jake had on a blue dress shirt, jeans, and black and white Nike sneakers. His hair was combed down neatly, and he held a bright red rose in his hand.''For you,'' Jake said, extending his hand towards me.