10: Make A Choice

Yay! Chapter 10! Go double digits! Okay, to make this the most spectacular chapter yet, we're going to do something a little different. In this chapter, you will be in other characters' points of view besides Jessica's and Jake's. I know, crazy, but give it a shot! Enjoy... IF YOU DARE. Lol, I don't know why I just did that :)

***

••••••••Randy's Point of View•••••••••

After I noticed Jessica and Jake had left Skitter's Skating Rink, I left too. I had only stayed to spy on them. Why? Because I think something fishy is going on, and I want to find out. I hate being unaware of secrets. It's brain wrecking!

When I got home, I heaved my skates towards the corner of my room and plopped on my bed. I hate girls. They're waaay too complicated. And their attitudes stinks. Except for Jessica's. she's sweet and kind, which is why I like her.

I didn't get why she was so angry. All I did was buy her new clothes. I just wanted her to wear them. But my issues got in the way... again.

I have anger issues. But I've improved a lot. When I was a kid, I would get so angry over something that I ended up hurting the ones I loved. When I was seven, my best friend was having his seventh birthday party, and I got jealous because he got a toy that I really, REALLY wanted. It was a monster truck. A remote controlled monster trunk. In my rage, I took my friend's gift and smashed it on the concrete. Our friendship is fine today, but I didn't talk to him for a year.

As I lay on my bed, I thought about calling Jessica, but decided against it, because it didn't show enough of my guilt. I got up and left quickly, speed walking to Jessica's house. When I reached her house, I knocked on the door and put together what I wanted to say.

Jessica opened the door and instantly glared at me."What do you want?" Her voice was agitated and solemn, a weird mix.

"I'm sorry, Jessica," I said, holding her hand in mine."Please forgive me. I never meant to hurt you. I really like you."

Jessica lightened a little but didn't truly seem moved. After a long pause, she said,"I'll think about it." She took her hand back and made a face.

I slumped."alright. I guess I'll see you in school -"

"Okay, I thought about it," she interrupted. She threw her arms around me and kissed me lightly on the cheek.

"I knew you couldn't stay mad at me," I told her as we hugged. After a little more talking, we said good night and I went home, satisfied with myself.

As I entered my house my mom was sitting on the couch, watching a cooking show."Oh, Randy. A girl called for you. Samantha, was it?"

"Kay, thanks, Mom!" I started trotting to my room. I picked up the house phone and dialed Sam's number. It rang twice and was immediately answered.

"Hey, Randy!"

"Hey Sam."

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go for ice cream after school. I hear there's a heat wave coming."

"Um..." I had to think about it. I had made so many plans to hang out it was hard to figure out which girl I was hanging out with and at what time."I don't know. I might have something going on with Jessica."

"Ugh!" Sam grunted angrily."You know I hate her, Randy. Don't even mention her name!"

"Hey, she's my gir-" I stopped, about to say "girlfriend"."She's my friend, and you guys should get along anyway!"