chapter sixteen: your enemy

Start from the beginning

"Ms Lisa, please listen to our friend. It's important.", Seokjin tried to assist Jungkook.

Lisa looked at Seokjin with a sharp glare, "And who are you?"

Seokjin was slightly intimidated, his eyes met Hoseok's as if asking for help.

"This is Kim Seokjin and that's Jung Hoseok. My friends.", Jungkook introduced them to her.

"I didn't ask you!", Lisa's words shocked them all.

Even Chaeyoung was a bit taken aback by her best friend's outburst.

"Lisa, please...I- I have a plan. No- we- we have a plan.", Jungkook tried again to talk to the two ladies.

"Guys, I've checked the stairs. She could be using it to get here unnoticed by anyone.", Yoongi came from the door that connected to the stairs of the apartment block.

Lisa looked at Yoongi, who came in a black uniform and black shades like some spy agent in action. Yoongi gave her a smile before he extended his hand towards her.

"You must be Chaeyoung's best friend. I'm Min Yoongi, Jungkook's best friend.", he introduced himself casually despite formally dressed in a sophisticated black outfit.

"Are you working for Men in Black?", Lisa asked, she looked serious despite giving out a funny question to Yoongi.

His friends except Jungkook laughed softly at the question. Yoongi smiled to the question before taking off his shades.

"I work for Alpha Felis Force, a company providing the best bodyguards across the country.", he said gracefully.

"He's a grade A personal bodyguard.", Hoseok added with two thumbs up behind Yoongi.

Lisa looked at Yoongi seriously. As her eyes scanned him from bottom to top, Yoongi smiled at her when their eyes met.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, Ms Lisa.", he stated calmly.

Lisa scrutinised his face before speaking, "I admit you look convincing."

Yoongi nodded, "I am. Now, what was going on here again?"

Hoseok decided to answer it, "Jungkook wanted to tell Chaeyoung what we planned, but her best friend here wanted to take her away right now."

Lisa glared at him, "He's the reason Chaeyoung is scared here. What else can I do as a friend, hm?"

Yoongi spread his arms before Lisa approached Hoseok and hurt him, standing in between his friends and Lisa.

"Alright. Before you go, Ms Lisa, Chaeyoung, please let me find out what they planned first.", he slowly stepped forward until Lisa and Chaeyoung were forced to go inside Chaeyoung's apartment.

He used his arms to block them from getting out before he asked his friends to share their plan to him. They whispered the plan to him before he nodded and turned around to talk to Lisa and Chaeyoung.

"Ms Lisa, you should hear us. We have a good plan that will swiftly resolve this issue at hand, but we need your cooperation.", Yoongi spoke mannerly with Lisa.

"Hm...you may share with us, but I'll be the one deciding whether to cooperate or not. Deal?", Lisa replied while extending her hand.

Yoongi nodded before shaking her hand, "Deal."

♡♡♡

Due to the convincing speech by Yoongi, Lisa agreed to cooperate with Jungkook and his friends regarding their plan. Even though it can be dangerous for Chaeyoung to be involved, she had no choice since Chaeyoung told her that she would do anything for the issue to end. Lisa knew that she decided to do it because she was tired of being paranoid.