EP 8 - The Doctor

Start from the beginning

Mr. Yoseob elaborate the cafe working system while walking towards the kitchen, he give a short tour around the cafe and Zhang Hao diligently follow him. They start from the kitchen. Entering the kitchen the older man then introduce his wife who is working on cake dough. Her name is Han Yuri, she's a very beautiful woman. She own a elegant and pretty face with a gentle smile. Even though she is cover by white flour but it doesn't hide her beauty. Zhang Hao begin to wonder what Mr and Mrs Han son look like, since his parents both handsome and beautiful.

After a brief introduction with Mrs. Yuri, Mr. Yoseob continue the tour around the cafe. He show the Chinese boy he pantry, the staff locker and changing room, the display shelfs, and the customer seating area.

When passing the staff locker Mr. Yoseob hand him a beige apron as his uniform. All employee are required to wear plain white shirt, long trousers and an apron. Accidentally the violinist has already wear white cardigan and cream t-shirt, so he's well-suited with the dress code.

They end their tour back to the cashier area, where Mr. Yoseob tell Zhang Hao for first few weeks he will be working at the cashier. Handling customers order and payment. That way he could learn all of the cafe's menu and get to know the customer. Zhang Hao diligently took out a small notes and write down every important detail.

Mr. Yoseob begin to elaborate how to operate the machine and then continue telling the violinist the full menu list. He gives an extra attention about the special menu for their loyal customer.

"As you can see our cafe isn't the type of cafe who always jam packed with customer, the peak hours usually start towards evening when students or office workers heading back home. But we have quite a lot loyal customers who usually comes at their own unique time. Each of them have their own favourite dessert, we give special attention to it. Making sure they receive the best treatment. It's your job to know them and their menu"

The older man said that his cafe value their loyal customers like a family. He always make sure they get a personal service. Zhang Hao nod entusiastically, he starting to like his new boss, his cafe radiates happiness and kindness, a cake shop who's aims to make their customer happy. The violinist like it so much.

"Now for the important part, I'll tell you our most loyal customer. You should take note for this. Some of them have quite unusual request" Mr. Yoseob gentle face turns into a serious one.

Looking at his boss Zhang Hao hold his pen with determination.

Mr. Yoseob have a code name for each of their loyal customer, match with their favourite menus. Such as the Old Lady who like Opera, the Butcher who like Beignets, the High School Girl who like Honeycomb Toffee and so on.

"Almost always they order the same menu. But one is different from the rest. This person never order the same menu, always trying new menus every time he comes. Even though he doesn't have specific favourite menu but he's meticulous every time he order. He want to know every detail about the dessert he's going to buy" say Mr. Yoseob.

"What's his name?" ask Zhang Hao curiously.

"We call him the Doctor or the Desserts Monster"

The violinist gulp hearing the code name, why his name sound so threatening. Mr. Yoseob notice Zhang Hao nervous expression, the older man laugh at his new employee timid reaction.

"Don't be afraid of him. His name sounds scary but he's quite nice. His appearance may look cold and unfriendly, but he's a good guy. Every time he comes he always buy lots of our new products, he buys up to 5 or 7 cakes. He may sound rigorous when asking question but all you need to do is explain to him what the name of the dessert and the ingredients, other than that you're good to go. He also rarely come to the cafe"